Broken Glass Look

A/N: Yes im uploading another chapter even tho the last one took a week to upload, it was a temporary setback.
—————————

You had to give the man some credit, he was a good sorcerer, definitely not a hundred-years-of-training sorcerer.
Your palm relaxed as well as your hold and the buzzing energy flowing through your arm quieted down to the usual low hum traveling through your body, Strange lowered into the ground and sighed.

-I think the matter is very well resolved.- Loki sneered at him.

You eyed him with a fun yet serious stare as he turned, he started to walk back to the house, you turned to Strange and offered an olive branch.

-You're skilled for a human Strange- you nodded courtly.

He nodded back.

-Thank you-his brow furrowed, although you actually hadn't seen them un furrow since he came in the house, the best part of being married to the God of Lies is probably watching the astonishment on people's faces when they find out. The worst part is the conversations after.

-I'm sorry, if you don't mind me asking...- he started, looking for the right way to phrase it- how did you...how is it...i never thought Loki would be married, no offense.- he finished as best as he could.

A short chuckle escaped you.
-Is it so hard to picture?-

-Again no offense but he is a mas- he cut himself short- ...are you aware of his business on earth?-

He was going to say mass murderer, you partly thought it was nice of him to soften the blow at you, and you partly were offended that he assumed Loki was hiding what happened on Midgard to you. Sometimes you forgot Lies was literally on his title.

-Are you aware of his business with Thanos?- you gulped out the name.

He furrowed his brows even more, if that was possible.
-You obviously don't, I'm beginning to think your eye on certain threats isn't so well put after all- you flashed him a smile- I know what you're thinking, Doctor, that Loki has me under some manipulative spell, hiding secrets from me like from everybody else, but i can assure you the last time he kept a secret from me, well, he regretted it, just like you did today...-

-I'm sorry if my comment came out offensive, it wasn't my intention- he interrupted.

-That's fine...- you laughed- Loki isn't a threat unless he has a reason to be, as of right now, i am the only reason for him being here. I wasn't present to see the damage he caused here on your planet, and i also won't apologize in his name, it's not my responsibility to do so. But i can assure you, Loki and i have no intentions nor interest on "being a threat".- you spoke reassuringly, with a calm soft expression on your face.

-I think you can understand why i can't take your word for it- he looked at you.

-Because he's a murderer?- you raised your brows, surprising him with his own thoughts- So am i Doctor, and im willing to bet so are you...-

-I've murdered in the name of protection, bad people.-

You smiled, either to him or to yourself.
-So has Loki...-

*******************
If this Midgardian sorcerer was indeed so committed to the protection of this planet, and this reality as you would shortly find out, you and Loki agreed you had to fill him in on Thanos and the danger he represents, battle was close, merely a spot over the horizon, but close.
You made your way back to the house as the cold wind picked up and the sky started rumbling in upcoming rain.