New Asgard

A cargo ship almost the size of a town had been stationed outside the compound waiting for you, besides it, the Guardians ship was also ready for departure, Thor and the Captain were seen standing and talking to each other in front of said ships as Loki and you made your way to them, everyone ready for departure.

Mornings and days in this place seemed to be so dull to you, they didn't quite feel like anything, the scenery was plain and filled with the modern print of the Midgardians, perhaps that was why you didn't like it. With the mountains, the pines and the fog, you could connect, feel the buzzing of life around you, here that buzz felt beaten up by the noise and weight of the disrespectful presence of these people. You finally thought for the first time since Thor told you to this morning that it was probably around the right time for you to leave this place.

They turned to face you and the Captain's stance shifted from casual to serious, you could feel Loki stand a similar ground.

-Morning. Loki...Sygin- he nodded, you nodded back- The Asgardians will be settling in Norway, Thor put you both in charge for the next three days, after that you'll be meeting us in Wakanda, we'll be waiting there to finish preparing for battle when Thanos comes to us, we'll guard the Mindstone there. Hopefully we can separate it from Vision before he gets here.-

You squinted at the man in front of you.

-And you are okay with this sudden interruption of plans? You don't find it unnecessary?-

-To be honest ma'am...- he said, turning to Thor- I am not, but i also simpatize with the need to put the people first and foremost.- he said with a curt nod and his chin up high.

Loki's eyes rolled so hard they could orbit the Sun, and you felt it in his loud, exasperated scoff and the way he walked away, you held back a grin and nodded the Captain goodbye as you followed the snarky teenager you had for a husband to your transport, where you found Heimdall and greeted him with a smile. You were placed in the long cockpit of the cargo ship, the refugees being aboard the back of it where the space was bigger, it had been a while since you'd seen your people, you wondered how they would react at Loki being left in charge, you knew they wouldn't recognize you, although you had been a princess and a queen to them at one point, you had never made your titles public, and you found just a bit of relief in that.

The ship grumbled and came to life, the engines roaring, through the cockpit window you saw Thor seated on the other ship right in front of you, Brunnhilde sitting besides him, he gave you a smile and a wave of his hand before taking off into the sky, and at a slower, but still fast speed, so did your own ship, making it's way to Norway. Home.

***

The deep green of the praires and mountains came to view, accompanied by a dark grey day with cold wind pushing the foamy waves to clash at the shore and the rocky cliffs, it was a dark, gloomy day. You smiled to yourself, already smelling the icy breeze that carried the scent of fog, ocean and forrest.

There was much to do, you realized this as the ship roared to a stop on the ground and you walked to the wide division of the ship where the Asgardians awaited for guidance to their new place of residence. Hundreds of hopeful eyes looking forward at you, putting their well-being and trust in you, but most importantly, in Loki. He had ruled two times back in Asgard, had it not been for his fall and then later redemption, maybe you'd be a lot more confident in the people reacting well.

You always thought Loki was fit to rule, he knew so, he was witty, smart, knew how to negotiate and speak publicly, and most importantly, he wanted to rule, not for the sake of battles like his brother did at one point, because he was a natural leader, although you knew he hated pity, many times had you wondered how good of a ruler Loki could've been, had it not been for the rocks life had thrown at him. But soon you learned that life threw those rocks with a purpose, and now that Loki had finally seen what really mattered, you could feel in him a renewed sense of his old worthiness for leadership.