Refusing

The walk back to the rooms was less fuming, and your mood a lot lighter, partly for the liquor, and partly for the talking, Thor was good company, and a good brother in law for that matter, at least now you had a ranting buddy for Loki's shenanigans.

As you reached the hallway, you sighed heavily, your arms crossed, you really didn't want to see him again, not yet. You were still pissed, he did call you a bitch, you weren't exactly looking forward to entering a room with deafening tension buzzing in the walls.

-You think he's doing better now?- Thor whispered.

-Honestly, I don't know, and I don't care to know...-

You crossed your arms thinking, you could look for another random room, maybe one of the lounge rooms had a couch or two where you could snuggle, it didn't seem fair tho, now you did wish Loki had been the one to storm off.

-If you'd like to stay here I'd be willing to sleep on the couch- he smiled sympathetically.

-Thor no offense but if someone is sleeping in the couch it's the small one- you smiled, pointing at yourself- But no thank you, i wouldn't want to intrude...-

-Please, I wouldn't want to leave you out...-

Well, he wasn't wrong, there wasn't really anywhere else you could stay. You ended up making a deal, you accepted his offer if you slept on the couch, you didn't feel comfortable sleeping on his bed anyways.
He lended you a heavy blanket and a nice pillow, and assured you his brother would come to his senses.

-Well, he better do.- you scoffed.

-Oh before i forget, Stark is hosting a party in celebration of his engagement, and well he'd like you both to attend.-

You furrowed your brows and turned to look at him with an expression full of confusion and surprise, not only at the terrible timing for such celebration, but that you could not find a good reason Stark would actually want you and Loki to attend, unless...

-He wishes to keep a close eye on you- Thor explained.

You opened your mouth in an understanding "Ah...", that made a lot more sense. Thor mentioned the party was after tomorrow and with that you both said goodnight, you still weren't looking forward to it, but you did love parties. Hopefully your tense argument with Loki will have receded by then.

It took a while for you to sleep, there's nothing more deafening than the silence of a dim room, but the silence isn't what's deafening, it's the sound of hammering thoughts that can now arise from the back of the mind. You thought your talking with Thor had helped your feelings ease up, but it was just a distraction working all too well.

Still processing your husband's words and every intention behind them you could recounter, something was bothering him, you could tell, his anger was defensive like many other times, but how can he get so enraged because of a sole un detailed thing you revealed? How can anybody?

Loki wasn't your standard nice good guy, everyone knew that, but going from there to shaming you for following a plan you had both agreed on based on these people trusting you, and calling you a bitch, was a step too far, and still, that wasn't the worst part.

"Be my guest then. Get yourself killed."

You had to keep reminding yourself he couldn't actually mean that, he couldn't actually not care whether you died or not. His fuming features came back to your mind, the bloodshot eyes, the wide dark pupils, the gritting teeth and the twitching lip. You weren't afraid of Loki, but the towering stance he took when he got defensive could make anyone feel uneasy.