Chapter three

Yuta's pov:

I'm on the first plane to Osaka and to be honest, I already feel refreshed and happy. I can't believe I'm going to have a fresh start to life. I put in my airpods and played "Lost in Japan" by Shawn Mendes. It has been my all time favorite song ever since it came out. I usually listen to it when I'm a bit homesick, but also since I'm going back home, why not listen to it?

Time skip~~~

"WHAT THE FU--" I almost yelled. I just woke up and had the weirdest dream ever. I had a dream that I was dating another girl. She was beautiful. She was wearing a white dress with beautiful flower patterns and cherry blossoms were falling in her hair. We were in Japan. I was freaked out, but now that I think about it I'm curious. Who could this girl be? She looked like an angel. So pure. So innocent. Just a straight goddess.

I was almost to Osaka and literally I spent the entire rest of the flight thinking about the angel like woman. I know I shouldn't be thinking about her. It's not like she's real, right? Yeah, it's just a dream. Unfortunately.

Another time skip~~

I arrived at the Osaka airport. It is nice to finally breathe in the air from the country I was born in. I smiled wide. "I'm home." I said to myself and called a taxi. The taxi arrived in about ten minutes and I got in. The ride was peaceful. I smiled at the beautiful scenery of people, kids, and couples. Looking at the couples hit me hard. My eyes started to well up with tears, but I wiped them off. I need to forget about her and taeyong. It's for the best. I can't be in this condition in front of my mother.

Time skip arriving to mothers house~~~

I paid the taxi driver, and thanked him. He smiled brightly at me, and took the money while bidding me goodbye. I stood in front of my mother's huge mansion that I once used to call home before I moved to korea. I took in a deep breath and walked up the long steps and rang the bell. I was greeted by some maids, and they took my belongings and let me in. As soon as I walk in I am greeted by my mother's warm smile. She embraced me in a warm hug that I didn't know I missed so much. I could have broken down right then and there, but I knew I had to be strong since it was my first day back.

"Yuta sweetie, you still look so handsome, my precious baby boy." my mother cooed as she pinched my cheeks.

"Mom I'm not a baby boy anymore, I'm a man." I said embarrassed.

"Oh whatever you're always going to be my baby, you are my only son after all." she said as she smiled and headed over to the couch since she was too weak to stand any longer.

"What was the thing you wanted to tell me mom?" i asked eager to know.

"Wait till later, but right now, let me serve you some food that i cooked."

Authors pov:

Yes, that was Mrs.Nakamoto for you. Even if she was sick, she would still work so hard. Especially for yuta. There is a reason why she want's Yuta to wait until he's finished eating before she tells him the thing she wanted to tell him earlier, because if he doesn't eat now, he for sure won't want to later.

Yuta's pov:

"Mmhmm mom your food is the best!! I can't believe you made all my favorite dishes, thank you." I smiled after finishing up the last bit of my food.

"No problem anything for my favorite and only son. I missed you so much baby. How has Korea been?" my mom asked as I froze. I couldn't tell her that I began drinking, it would break her heart.

So i just told her "It was good but then i broke up with Jisoo and Taeyong is no longer my friend anymore." She looked shocked and concerned.

"Why honey?, what happened? I thought Jisoo was the perfect girl for you and you, and Taeyong have been friends since y'all were thirteen." she asked questions that were so hard to answer,

but I held back my tears and said "She cheated on me with Taeyong." I spoke softly as my mother walked as quickly as she could to my side and held me in her arms as tight as she could.

"I'm so sorry baby. She doesn't deserve you and neither does Taeyong. You're always going to be better than them, just always remember that."

she said comforting me and rubbing circles on my back, but that's when I couldn't handle it anymore. I wasn't better than them. I did the one thing my mother never wanted me to do. I had to tell her.

The guilt was eating me alive and I just blurted "I started drinking."

"w-what." She asked shocked, and looked me in the eyes.

"I started drinking but it was only for about three weeks. I swear I haven't touched a drink since you called me. It's just that I needed something to get my m-mind o-off of J-jisoo." At this point I had tears in my eyes and my breathing quickened. I was so ashamed of myself.

"It's okay baby. Mommy still loves you. I'm just glad you stopped before it got too bad. Don't worry I understand you, but now I have something I need to tell you." She said worry in her voice.

"What is it?" I asked curious. Was it the thing she told me she wanted to tell me when she called me when i was in Korea?

"Let's go to your old room and lay down and I'll tell you then, okay?" she smiled weakly, but I agreed.

"Okay mom, let's go."

we took the elevator to the third floor where my old room was. When the elevator stopped, we got out and there in front of me was my old room. I smiled as memories ran through my head thinking of my young self. My thoughts were interrupted when my mother opened the door and told me to follow her. I quickly shook away the thoughts and walked in the room. It looked different from what I remember. I guess they re-did the walls haha. It doesn't look like a little kids room anymore.

"Come lay your head on my lap." My mother said as she sat on the bed. I quickly went to the bed and put my head on her lap and she immediately put her hands in my hair and began playing with my hair and massaging my scalp.

"So the thing i wanted to tell you was..." She took in a long inhale then said "I've had bone cancer for the last four years and there is nothing i can do about it anymore. The doctor said I have about one more year or less. I'm sorry honey that i didn't tell you sooner." She said, tears in her eyes.

I immediately started crying and sat up quickly

"WHAT!!? Why didn't you tell me when you found out?" I tried to keep myself together, but it was getting hard.

"I knew you were in business school, s-so i-i d-didn't want you t-to worry a-about me. I knew you w-would probably-try to drop out o-or something t-to take care of me. And I wanted y-you to be successful and finish school." My mother said in between sobs.

"Oh mom. I k-know. Y-your right I probably w-would have, b-but th-that's because I l-love you mom.'' I sobbed out as well not really caring if I was crying anymore.

"That's why I asked you to come here after you finished business school. To come live in Osaka again. I wanted to spend the little time I have left with you, and also I-i need s-someone to take over the company, and i kn-know your father would want you to inherit it." she spoke as calmly as she could.

"I know mom. I'm gonna be strong for you. I can run the company, and take care of you. I promise mom I'll take care of everything. I don't want you to worry about a thing, okay?" I tried to say in my bravest voice possible.

"I knew I'd be able to rely on you. You've always made me so proud. Now get some sleep you must be tired, here I'll lay here and run my hands through your hair to help you fall asleep." my mom said and smiled sweetly.

I nodded my head and laid down, slowly, but surely drifting off to sleep.

Thanks for reading this short chapter. I will update on Wednesday for sure so stay tuned for that. But anyways have a good day/night and stay safe. <333 love y'all.