Point 8.

Z.B

It was the day of the game against Millington. 

It was going to be my first game ever since I left for Australia, and there was no telling how nervous I was. 

It wasn't just because of that. Even if he didn't explicitly come out and say it, I knew Aaron was relying on me to back him up during this game. We were a dynamic duo, both off and on the court, so I had to make sure we worked together and moved together in sync so that our dream of going to nationals before college could come true.

I wouldn't let him down again. 

I brushed my hair up into a high bun, staring in the mirror as I stood in the locker room, hearing Omari and Akito chattering excitedly. "Guys, I'm so excited! I can't wait to pull out some of my new moves on these sons of bitches," Akito cheered, doing his usual stupid handshake with Omari. "Yeah, yeah, just remember to give us the signal when you're about to do something so we can all fall in accordance," Aaron rolled his eyes, but there was a hint of a smile on his lips as he put on his jersey.

Before he did, I couldn't help but devour the sight of him, running my eyes up to his six-pack, his defined and lean muscles on his arms, the cute little mole by his belly button that he hated, a delectable sight indeed.

Alright, I was not keeping myself in check. 

I internally slapped myself as he got dressed up, shooting me a sharp look. What, did he see me? Oh man.

"Okay, team," The coach came out with an encouraging smile, holding the door to the gym for us. "It's go time," We all nodded in unison, following him out to where the audience sat and to where the announcer and the rest of our team were waiting for us on our side of the gym. This was the moment we had been waiting for. 

Our captain pulled us all into a circle right in front of the bleachers, knowing that at any minute, the first game that would qualify us to the preliminaries was about to start. 

"Okay ya'll, this right here is the crucial moment," We crouched low, huddled around each other as Aaron began his speech. "This is our first ever game since Zaid has returned. We have all the players we need in order to show up and show out. You know it and I know it: I believe in every single one of you, so come on," He smirked, putting his hand in the circle, giving us that sheer confidence that we all loved. "Say it with me, everyone," He closed his eyes before deepening his voice to lead our chant. 

"WHO ARE WE?"

"NORTHVALE!"

"WHAT ARE WE?"

"LIONS!"

"Alrighty," Aaron clapped his hands, that infamous smirk on his face as he looked us all in the eye, nodding to us. "Let's kick some ass," We all shared the same sentiments as we patted him on the back, charging towards the lines. This was a time to win. 

"Before the game begins, allow us to introduce the teams," The announcer spoke into his microphone as the pictures of the opposing team began to play on our projector. The bleachers were filled with people from all over, which made sense because we were a popular school. However, it just fired me up seeing all those people cheering. 

"Coming all the way from Golden Valley, to our left decked in purple and white, we have the Millington Braves!" The other side of the gym started screaming and cheering and I snorted, feeling my competitive energy rising. "Their starting lineup: #11, Jose Carrigan, #10, Tory Dunn, #6, Malik Mason, #9, Romeo Gray, and their captain, Armand Norris!" The formidable team came to stand a few feet away from us and I was not deterred whatsoever!