Point 22.

Z.B

It seemed that Aaron's behavior towards me was getting worse and worse each passing day.

He was talking to everyone else but me, putting emphasis on his budding friendship with Omari. It was bothering me, that much wasn't hard to admit. It was tough seeing the person you like getting all chummy with someone that wasn't you, but I was doing my best to not overreact and cause a scene because I knew he wouldn't like that.

But it was so damn confusing, trying to put myself in his shoes and replay everything I did to figure out where the problem lied. I couldn't exactly figure it out because it wasn't like I did things on purpose to irritate him, and I knew it had to be something big because he wouldn't go this long without confronting me, or this extreme.

I couldn't even get him to crack through text, which was one of the first methods that I would use in order to get him to talk to me.

Me: hey, can we talk?

angel eyes: no.

Me: But why not? I have something to say.

angel eyes: no.

I knew something was bothering him and that it had something to do with me because he was getting farther and farther from me every day. It was hurting because I had no clue what the issue was.

"Here," I felt something on my shoulder and I looked up to see Kylene giving me a water bottle. "Why so down, Zaid?" She asked and I shrugged. "I just wish I knew why Aaron was ignoring me. If he told me, I would rectify the issue immediately," I explained, not wanting there to be any more bad blood between us. 

Kylene shook her head, not knowing what the problem was. "I tried to ask him, but he didn't seem like he wanted to talk to me," She leaned her head on my shoulder, sighing intensely. "I just wish I could do more to help you fix things with him."

Part of me wished she did too. It wasn't like it was easy enough to figure out the problem because it wasn't. I didn't even know where to start or where to end because this was becoming more complicated than it really was.

"I just wish I knew because I can't stand him not talking to me," I sighed in a solemn tone, wishing that I was at home right now on the phone with Aaron, yelling at him for letting me killed by a zombie. I would rather that than anything else in this world. I could take him screaming at me, throwing stuff at me, but not him ignoring me. Even when he was deadset on hating me about the party incident, he still talked to me.

"It must be something very serious," Kylene pointed out and I nodded, knowing that had to be the case. No matter what, we never went this long without talking. Even Maia was getting to be worried, blowing up my phone every hour to keep me updated.

What did I do?

Could he please just tell me?

It wasn't like I could ask Natalia because she herself had no clue what the issue was. She acted as if she did before, and maybe the problem progressed into territory that she didn't recognize, but it was evident that none of us could do anything about it. I was so desperate that I even had my mother call Clarissa to see if she knew. 

She was at a loss too, everyone fucking was and it was because of something I did.

But what the fuck did I do?

If it was anyone else, I wouldn't be sitting here, wasting my time trying to figure out why someone was mad at me because I probably wouldn't care enough.

Yeah, it was because it was Aaron that I was sitting here, wasting my precious time. It was all because of Aaron, wasn't it?

Of course, I knew I loved him a lot more than I intended. At first, it was just some normal schoolboy crush that one would get when they thought someone was cute when they were younger. I soon realized that it manifested too deeply too quickly and before I knew it, I was thinking our lives together beyond college.