Point 18.

Z.B

"Hey, Zaid. Do you mind if I give you my number so you can call me tonight?

I snapped out of my daydream to hear a purr coming from the head cheerleader as she stood in front of her posse, twirling her hair. Her name was Mickey Harris, if I thought hard enough to be correct. She had the look of lust in her eyes and I raised a brow, knowing full what her intentions were. 

She, like the many other girls here, was very bold and open with her wants and desires, and I couldn't fault them for doing what they felt was wrong. I wasn't opposed to it, made me feel flattered in a way, but their words were no match for my angel eyes. 

But I wasn't the emperor of Northvale for no reason.

"How about you come cheer me on at our last game before nationals, and then we'll see about making it worth your while?" I even threw in a smirk and she nodded eagerly before turning to her girls with bright smiles, evident glee all over their faces. I just knew that they were probably screaming inside with joy, and part of me felt extremely bad for leading her on because even I knew that I had no intention of going anywhere with her.

I played a cruel game with these girls without realizing it. From the very beginning, I knew that I wasn't interesting in these girls. I already had my heart set on the one person, so it didn't make sense trying to give it to someone else when it was clear that my heart planned to stay.

I watched as she walked away, immediately making plans to come to our last game as prelims, and I shrugged to myself, not feeling that bad that she was coming. At least I used my charm for our team's own good, so I couldn't really be mad about that.

"Damn, you really do have skills," I felt a body sit down next to me before an arm was thrown around my shoulder. "I see why you and Aaron are always slugging hard for that title," I recognized the voice as Kylene's, looking up to offer her a healthy grin. "Though there's no need to, is there?" She asked the one question that I had been asking myself for years. 

I didn't need to compete with Aaron for this stupid title because it wasn't like I was going to do anything with him. How could I compete with someone over things like who had the most charm, who had the most girls after him, when I didn't really care? It was because of the fact that he already had my heart, so I was content doing anything as long as it meant that I stayed by his side.

Pathetic.

"You're not wrong about that," I murmured. "Aw, it's so cute to see how happy you look when you start daydreaming about Aaron," She cooed and I blinked at her, scowling. "The hell are you talking about now?" I asked and Kylene chuckled to herself. "Don't be all shy now. You weren't shy last night when you're texting me, telling me that he fell asleep on you during your last movie and you had to pee." She explained and I reddened in the cheeks.

"Nature calls." 

"You sure you just didn't have a boner?"

"Kylene!"

With a loud chortle, she threw her head back, clutching her textbooks to her chest as I started to sputter. "It's so cool to see you out of your element, Zaid," She wiped a tear from her eye and I frowned, knowing that only one person could knock me out of my routine and normalcy. 

"So when are you going to tell him?" I gave her a stare of confusion and she grumbled, mumbling about how stupid I was. "Hey.." I snapped, only allowing one person to call me that, and it wasn't her. "Relax, pretty boy, I'm merely just saying. Why don't you tell Aaron about what it is that you're feeling?" 

I shook my head vehemently, comprehending the fact that it would be the dumbest decision I could ever make in my whole entire life, and I have made a lot, to tell Aaron about my feelings for him.