Point 9.

A.M

There were no words.

Absolutely none.

I couldn't figure out where the nerve of me came, why I gave in to the urge of kissing him first. I knew it was just a game and it was just stupid dumb luck that the bottle had to land on Zaid. It had to be dumb luck because Omari was smiling too hard at us when Zaid pulled away from me.

I didn't miss the look in his eyes, so full of want. It reminded me of that night three years ago and I wanted out.

The air was silent around us, pungent with our scents mixing together and I could feel nothing but his warm hands wrapped around my waist, his breath fanning my lips as I looked up at him. This was too much, even for me. I couldn't even fathom what just happened, why it happened, and why Zaid was just staring at me like I was the only thing that mattered in this room right now. He looked like he wanted to lay me down and devour me.

I couldn't tell what he was thinking and I just was not ready to know.

It would change everything.

"Damn, I want to be kissed like that," Akito mumbled, but I was sure everyone in the circle heard him. I couldn't take my eyes off of Zaid and it irritated me because I knew where this was going. After I pulled away, he was going to look at me with disgust and everyone around us was going to start talking shit and it'd just be a repeat.

"That was an interesting kiss you two shared," Owen muttered, but I could tell he was smirking his ass off. "I don't even want to play no more because I'm sure none of us can live up to that," Omari shrugged, removing the bottle from the floor, not even sounding the least bit sorry. Everyone else seemed to fall in line and I didn't want to look at their faces, fear written all over my soul.

"I'd pay money to watch them kiss again, to be honest," One of the partygoers said, a smile on his face and everyone else nodded in agreement. "Of course," I blinked in confusion, turning to the familiar voice to see Kylene sitting down with a grin of amusement on her lips.

I really had no idea why she was here, but she looked like she was up to something. "Alright, alright," Zaid hesitantly let my waist go before falling back on his ass, a slight smirk on his lips. He looked as if nothing bothered him, as if this kiss was nothing but just a game. "Shut up. You want a kiss from me or something, Aki?" He raised a brow, his usual flirty behavior coming through. "I got more if anyone wants it," He turned to everyone with a wink and my stomach fell just a bit.

Why did that make me grimace?

I just shook my head, feeling a burning sting in my eyes. I hated his ability to come back from something so fast like it didn't matter to him.

And I hated that I was still sitting here with a little bit of hope. But that was my fault for believing in him even when he destroyed everything at that party long, long ago. I just watched him go on talking to fellow friends as if he didn't just cross the line with me once again. I didn't know why I was surprised when this was typical of Zaid fucking Brooks. To go on and act like nothing happened was something he so carefully crafted and perfected.

I just wished that I had that same ability.

I fixed my face, morphing into a stoic look as I stood up, catching Omari's eye, realizing that he was staring dead at me. I gave him a curt nod before walking away to god knows where, wanting a moment to just catch my thoughts.

I couldn't deny that I was hurt. It was always me that ended up hurt when it involved that fucking bastard.

But no one really knew.