Watch and See

Sue actually beat Lily to the café for a change and already had a table for two near the window.  Lily walked in looking quite defeated.  Sue noticed the big burly guy who stood near their table and raised her eyebrows.

"What's up with that?" She nodded her head toward the large beast of a man.

"Din."  Lily didn't need to say any more.

"What is your name?" Lily asked the man as she pointed to a chair near the table for him to sit on.

"Fin.  Yang Fin." He said.

"Fin what would you like to drink?" Lily always had a heart for people.

"I'm fine young Miss." 

Lily ordered three teas, but asked for Fin's to be iced. Then she ordered three of their usual biscuits, one for each of them.

Sue chatted on and on about Ming Ming and how Xave had flunked out of the medical program all together and went into all the gossipy details.  Lily quietly listened but noticed that Fin didn't touch his biscuit or tea.

"Fin." Lily said in a very aunt like tone.  "Eat and Drink.  Don't upset me or I'll tell Din."

The obedient Fin did as he was told.  He finished his tea in almost one gulp.  Lily ordered two more iced teas just for him.

Two other men were watching this scene outside the café.  One of Master Sun's men and the other was Chen Xave.  Xave sneered with contempt knowing Lily was being protected by her brother Din.  It was well known that Din had connections in the illegal circles and no one wanted to cross him.  Xave stormed off once again raising his fist in the air.

Gavin was in his office looking at a proposal for a new restaurant in the nearby city of Qinzhou.  There was a 5 star resort there called the White Dolphin Hotel and it was bustling - so having a restaurant near that resort was a good business move.  Gavin's email pinged and he saw it came from his security team.  When he clicked on it  there was a small video clip.  The clip showed Lily at the café with her friend and another man sitting not far from them watching over them.  The video panned to Xave and showed his displeasure at the scene in the café.   The email included a note "Sir, young Master Chen seems to be held off by one of Din's henchmen."

Gavin sat back in his seat to re-watch the video.  He paused it on Lily's face and it seemed like she was scolding the burly man near her.  Gavin laughed at her expression. Gavin had already learned the "Brother Din" was Yi Din. He incorrectly assumed she called him Brother out of respect and familiarity, not knowing he was her actual brother. Gavin didn't look any further into Yi Din as that would turn heads in the illegal circles and he wasn't prepared for that. He sent a text to Gou to go ahead and deliver the note he had prepared earlier. 

Gou stepped out of the black Mercedes across the street from Miss Lily and walked to her quickly.  When the bell at the door of the café sounded Fin sat up straight.  He recognized Gou immediately.  They had trained together in martial arts and while they were not friends they were not enemies either.  They both knew they worked for powerful people.  Lily noticed Fin's sudden expression and posture change so she turned to see who Fin was looking at.  It was the scary guy with the scar over his eye.  Sue also turned to see who the other two were looking at and she made an exasperated noise. "pfffft." Sue immediately turned back around since she knew he wasn't there to harm them. 

Gou walked over unceremoniously and handed the note over to Fin instead of directly to Miss Lily.  Fin looked over the envelope with curiosity and then handed it to her as if satisfied it wasn't harmful to her.  This wasn't a show for Miss Lily.  This was a sign of respect between Gou and Fin.  A recognition of the two men and their status in the moment.  They were both protectors.

Lily looked back and forth between the two men then she realized they knew one another.  "Fin? You know this man?" She asked quietly. Fin simply nodded still holding the note card for her to take.

"Come on already and open the note what does the dashing Master Sun have to say today???" said Sue, the ever curious cat.

Lily opened the note and it was basically the same as the one from the restaurant.

My dear Lily, please tell me why you didn't wear the crystal bracelet again today? – G

Lily tossed the note over to Sue for her to read.  She was perplexed.  He is still watching her, and he still hasn't said anything to her directly.  He was enjoying this game.  Lily smiled a deviant smile. 

"Tell your Master to watch me tomorrow and see where his bracelet is." Lily said authoritatively.

Sue raised her eyebrows.  The thing Sue knew about Lily is she is very obedient to her family.  She is a champion for those less fortunate or who have hardships.  But if Lily is pushed she will push right back and she will let you know undoubtedly where you stand once you have pushed her.  Although Sue was secretly hoping to be a bridesmaid in the wedding for Lily and Master Sun one day – she knew young Master Sun had a long road ahead just to have a single date now.  He was about to meet the feisty side of her best friend Lilianna.

Gou walked out of the café with a slight nod toward Yang Fin.  He returned to the car and called young Master Sun.

"Sir she has a message for you." Gou said as soon as he heard Gavin answer.

"Go on."

"She said to watch her tomorrow to see where the bracelet is." Gou knew she was toying with is Boss and he winced as he said the words.

Gavin huffed and hung up the phone.

Gavin smiled at the image of the scolding Lily on his screen and he couldn't help but laugh.  She challenged him and made him want her more and more with each interaction. He truly was enjoying this game.