Master Sun's Fiancee

The doctor finally came in a few hours later and instructed Lily to remain on bed rest for another 24 hours. When Lily protested because of classes at school, the doctor put up his hand and interrupted her. He explained it was imperative she stay at home in bed. He pointed at Sue and instructed her to make sure Lily didn't go to class. Lily rolled her eyes and huffed. After the nurses took out her IV, she signed paperwork and headed to the cashier's office to pay whatever amount her hospital bill would be.

"Hand over your paperwork." The older lady said without really paying any attention to Lily.

Lily gave her the paperwork and stood there waiting patiently with her payment card in hand.

After the woman typed a few key strokes on her computer she suddenly gasped and looked up at Lily.

"Ms. Yi. I didn't realize you were a VIP. Please forgive my rudeness just now."

Lily stared at the woman bewildered.

"You do not owe a bill to this hospital. As Master Sun's fiancee there is no bill." The lady stood and bowed her head slightly at Lily.

"Excuse me! What did you just say?" Lily almost shouted the words.

Sue stood there with her mouth wide open and her eyes bulging out of her head.

The older woman looked up at Lily cautiously and repeated what she had just said.

"There must be some mistake!" Lily argued. "I am not engaged to anyone, much less Master Sun." Lily's face was red with anger. How dare he say such a thing. She was very angry with Gavin Sun and his presumptuousness.

"I'm sorry Miss. That is what the notes in your record say. That you are Master Sun's fiancee and that he brought you in himself. All arrangements for your billing are taken care of. " The woman meekly read part of the notes to Lily.

Lily thought very carefully about the situation. She tempered her anger when it dawned on her how it would appear to other's that she was unconscious and brought in by him. She assumed he would have wanted to save her reputation by saying he was her fiancée. She also figured he would have said that in order to get updates on her condition as well. Lily quietly smiled and said a polite "Thank you." Then she turned to walk away.

Sue pulled at Lily's sleeve once they were away from the Cashier's window.

"Lily!!!! He claimed you were his fiancée! Oh my god!" Sue was excited.

"Don't get ahead of yourself Sue." Lily warned with a cool tone. "I'm sure he just wanted to save my reputation."

Lily pulled out the cell phone and sent a Gavin a text.

Leaving the hospital now. Thank you for paying. We should talk about the "fiancée" part. – L

Lily put the phone back in the box and went to get a cab. As the two women exited the doors of the hospital a black Mercedes was there waiting. The driver from the evening of the nightclub was standing there with the door open. He lowered his head slightly and called to Lily.

"Young Miss Yi." He said very reverently.

Lily stopped for a moment and considered walking to the main street to get a cab, but she was really tired at the moment and Sue was actually pushing her toward the Mercedes.

"Sir. I apologize I do not know your name." Lily greeted him kindly.

"Wang Halston. But you may call me Hal." He was very polite with her.

"Well, Hal. Thank you for picking me up today. And I believe I owe you thanks for helping me to the hospital when I hurt my wrist in the club as well."

"No need to thank me Miss. It's my pleasure"

"It seems like we keep meeting when I am in medical need. I hope this is the last time I need you to take me to or from the hospital." Lily looked down as her face blushed.

"No worries Miss. As I said, it's my pleasure. You are certainly more pleasant to deal with than Master Sun." He said with a wink.

Lily and Sue giggled and climbed into the car.

Lily started to tell Hal where she lived, but then she stopped and figured he already knew. Sue kept looking over at Lily and seemed to want to say a few things but kept her mouth shut. Lily peered out the window at the scenery as they passed by heading toward her apartment.

Gavin sat in his office when his cell phone vibrated with an incoming message. He looked at the screen and saw it was from Lily. His mouth curved into a soft smile as he read what his enchantress had to say.

Do not think anything more of it. It's the least I can do for my "Fiance" lol – G

Gavin laughed quietly and put his phone back in his pocket. He had indeed informed the staff at the hospital that she was his fiancé to save her reputation, and so she was linked to him not only financially but for information as well. He made sure that Din was listed as immediately family so he did not offend the Yi's in anyway. He sat and thought about Lily as his "Fiance" and he enjoyed the idea very much.. There had never been a woman he had ever encountered that moved his heart the way she did.

Lily opened the door to her apartment and it was slightly messy from the night she wasn't feeling well. She turned on the lights and went to the kitchen to make some tea.

"No no no." Sue yelled. "You go to bed. I will make tea!"

Lily was too tired to argue and she nodded and went to her room.

Sue brought her some healing tea and a few of her favorite chocolates.

"When did you get these chocolates?" Lily asked.

"I brought them with me. I figured they would make you smile a little." Sue knew her best friend would never turn down the small gift.

"Thank you Sue. You don't have to stay here you can go home and go to school tomorrow. I will be fine."

"No way! I have doctor's orders to care for you and ensure you are in bed at home. I have a free pass to miss school!" Both of the girls laughed.

Lily felt very lucky to have a friend like Sue.