Third Wheel Date

Lily moved toward the window as Seong pulled a chair over before Gavin set foot inside the café. The pair looked at one another in amusement. When Gavin walked through the door he saw the way Lily and Seong were looking at one another and he grimaced.

"Something amusing the two of you?" Gavin growled as he reached where they were seated.

Lily and Seong both burst out laughing. Gou was standing behind Gavin near where Fin was seated. Fin cleared his throat then motioned to the chair opposite him and Gou sat down. Neither man said a word.

Gavin sat down in the seat they had just pulled to the table, but he instinctively moved it closer to Lily. He glared at his best friend.

Seong still laughed.

Lily giggled quietly and looked down at her hands trying her best to quell the laughter.

"I see the two of you have now met." Gavin still glared at Seong.

"Yes, your friend Seong is quite nice." Lily answered.

Gavin's face soured even more.

"oh. Is that so?" Gavin was seething with jealousy. "Apparently my BEST friend doesn't answer texts these days though."

Seong patted his jacket pockets to find his phone. He had put it on silent for the press conference and never took it off. When he pulled it out he saw about a dozen messages all from Gavin.

"Sorry, man. I had my phone on silent. But you found us so I don't have to answer them now." Seong winked at his best friend.

Lily giggled and Gavin looked murderous.

Fin and Gou were both looking at the ceiling trying not to laugh themselves since the scene unfolding in front of them was amusing.

"Is this a personal meeting or business?" Gavin asked his friend.

"Both." Lily answered.

Gavin looked to Lily in surprise.

"Both?" he asked almost through gritted teeth. He remembered that Lily insisted that their meeting in this very café was all business. But now she was saying her meeting with Seong was both business and personal.

"Yes, as in we had some business to discuss, and something personal to discuss." Lily answered rather flatly. She was starting to get a little irritated by Gavin's obvious jealous behavior.

"Lighten up Gav. We were discussing you."

"Yeah, Gav. Lighten up." Lily mocked but with a sweet smile. Lily reached over and pinched his cheek lightly.

Gavin was delighted by the seemingly flirtatious gesture Lily just displayed.

Seong noticed that Lily was able to pinch Gavin's cheek. Any other woman who may have tried that would have instantly been stopped by Gavin's hand with a menacing look to follow. Gavin allowed Lily to get in his personal space. Seong's face looked stunned. In twenty years of their friendship he had never seen Gavin allow a woman to interact so familiarly with him, nor had he seen Gavin so jealous. Seong once watched a woman try to grab onto Gavin in a night club and he literally let her fall to the floor as he stepped away from her. Another young man rushed over and helped the young girl to her feet fawning all over her. Although Gavin had brought the woman to the club she left with the young man. Gavin didn't care one way or another. He let her go. Seong took a sip of his coffee and mulled over his thoughts for a moment.

Lily cleared her throat as the atmosphere seemed to change to a very serious one rather quickly. Gavin's sour face had eased up but he still did not look happy. Lily reached across the table to grab the menu because she was starting to feel hungry since it was close to dinner time. Gavin and Seong both noticed that the crystal bracelet was on her wrist. Gavin sat straight up and felt extreme pride over the fact she was wearing it. Seong looked suddenly shocked. Seong glanced from the bracelet to Gavin and stared at him. The two were passing a knowing look and Gavin smiled at his friend. Lily noticed the strange interaction between the two.

"Am I missing something?" Lily inquired.

"Nope." Gavin said quickly.

"Not at all." Seong said although his tone wasn't convincing.

"Are you hungry?" Gavin asked Lily.

Lily's stomach growled lightly at the moment and she looked down embarrassed.

"I will take that as a yes. Don't order here. I'll take you to dinner."

Lily's stomach growled again just as she was about to decline the offer.

"Fin is she not eating?" Gavin asked of the oversized man sitting nearby.

Lily hit Gavin's arm. "I'm eating just fine thank you, it's dinner time."

"Good. Then I'll take you to dinner." Gavin nodded to Gou telling him to get the car.

"Fine." Lily actually really wanted a good meal anyway since she hadn't been eating much the last few days.

Seong watched the interaction with amusement and intrigue.

"Great where are we going for dinner?" Seong asked.

Gavin glared at his friend. "WE?"

"Yes. WE!" Seong replied in kind. "Why don't we go to my sister's restaurant?"

"Oh! Where is your sister's restaurant?" Lily asked.

"She owns GuiZhou House." Seong said proudly.

"GuiZhou House! Wow, that is so expensive! You have to have a reservation to get in there. I know it takes months to get one! We couldn't possibly get in there last minute." Lily had only eaten at GuiZhou house on special occasions a few times in her life.

"Don't worry, my sis keeps an open table for me in a private room all the time. I can eat there anytime I want." Seong assured Lily.

"That is so amazing. Yes, let's go to GuiZhou! I love the cuisine there! I haven't eaten there in years!" Lily was excited and smiling at Seong.

Gavin's face turned sour, and once again he glared at his friend.

"I was hoping to treat you to dinner alone. Make it one of our dates." Gavin glowered.

"Oh." Lily sat back a little and looked dispirited. When Gavin saw how she lost her enthusiasm, he sighed.

"Fine. We can all go to Guizhou."

Lily smiled and hugged Gavin. "Thank you!"

Gavin wrapped his arms around her pulling her to him. It was worth a third wheel dinner just to have this moment with his enchantress in his arms.

"It's not a date though" Gavin said in her ear.