Illegal Circles

Din arrived at the Yi Villa in the middle of the night and stormed into his old bedroom slamming the door.  He was so fuming mad he didn't care if he woke up his father.  Din's brain was storming trying to come up with a way to push Gavin Sun far away from his little sister.  He picked up his cell phone and called one of his illegal counterparts. 

"Din."  A very deep male voice answered.

"What do you have on the young Master Sun?"

"He stays out of illegal business, but he has strong connections and backers."

"Is he untouchable?" Din asked.

"I would not say untouchable, but I also wouldn't advise going after him either."

Din grumbled then hung up the phone.

Din sent a text to his other men, but excluded Fin from the group message.

Tail young Master Sun. I want reports on his activities.

Din thought about the image of his little sister in Gavin Sun's arms and how she kissed his jawline.  His face turned sour and he threw his phone onto the desk in his sitting room.

James Murphy received a notification that an inquiry was made about young Master Sun in the illegal circles.  James frowned knowing someone was looking to make trouble.  The notification was from a very reliable source but also a very scary source.  The kingpin of all illegal activity was the one who notified him.  James sighed hard and dialed young Master Sun's number.

"Do you have news?" Gavin asked.

"Not about the reporter." James quickly answered.  "I received a notification from a very reliable source in the illegal circles that someone is inquiring about you.  What would you like me to do?"

Gavin didn't answer right away.  He smirked.

"Most likely Yi Din, Lily's older brother.  Ignore it for now."

"Yes Sir."

"Call me when you have news on the reporter."  Gavin hung up.

James sent a message to the unnamed kingpin and inquired about the reporter who gained access to Club Rue.  Although James didn't expect to hear an answer for a few days he received a response almost immediately.  The 'reporter' is a woman, only she isn't a reporter with any press credentials.  James pondered over this information for a few moments then decided to set up something to try and catch this woman.  He asked the kingpin to leak that Gavin Sun would be at Sea Night Club on Sunday night with his actual fiancé.  Obviously Gavin Sun wouldn't be at the club, and since he wasn't engaged there was no fiancé.  James was planning a rouse.

James had no family since his wife was still missing, he never returned to the States, so he had nothing but time on his hands to snuff out a rat – or so the saying goes.  On his gut instinct he sent one last message to the kingpin about the inquiry made on young Master Sun.  James asked for the identity of the one who made the inquiry.  Something told him this wasn't as simple as it being Lily's brother.  The one word text he received in response raised the hair not he back of his neck.

"Same."  That was the answer.  The person James was looking for with regard to the club, was the same as the one who is making inquiries in the illegal circles.  It was a woman and she was making trouble for Gavin Sun.  James was alarmed because women tended to be emotional in their actions which meant unpredictability.

James decided to wait until Sunday evening to call Master Sun once he knew who the person was.  If a woman was looking for trouble in the illegal circles why would she go all the way to the kingpin or his men.  The fact that the kingpin didn't just come out and tell James who she was meant she was either related to the kingpin or had a close relation with his circle.  James had the rapport with the kingpin because he had saved the kingpin's life years ago.  James didn't know anything about illegal circles or who ran them back then.  He was just a lost soul looking for his wife.  He had unknowingly made a name for himself as the best private investigator money could hire.  He only took a few jobs here and there to pay for his own search for his wife.  James never intended for it to become a career.   

When he stumbled upon a man in an alley with 5 gunshot wounds in his back James' military mind kicked in and he did all he could to stabilize the man to get him to medical care.  When the man insisted he could not go to the hospital, James took the man to his small apartment and cared for his wounds himself.  He pulled the bullets out of his body, cauterized the wounds with a compound that US military carried in deployment packs, and bandaged him.  Several weeks later when the man was awake and on the road to recovery he vowed his life to James.  James waved the man off saying there was no need for that.  The man ended up taking over the illegal circle becoming the kingpin he is today.  Although James waved off the life vow, the kingpin did not.  To this day, this unnamed man still protects and advises James.  You could almost say that James was above the kingpin, but James kept to himself serving his employer loyally.  The kingpin honored that loyalty as well and protected Gavin Sun indirectly.

James called the Director of Talent at Sun Entertainment and said he needed an actress for Sunday evening.  He explained it was a live job and that it would require a non-disclosure contract and the utmost secrecy.  This would be a job that could not be placed in a performance resume, but the pay would be four times normal pay.  James made it clear to the Director of Talent that she would need to be of model beauty, but she had to be newer, meaning not already famous or recognizable, it would be preferred if she was engaged for marriage.  James explained that it was in regard to the safety of young Master Sun so that the Director of Talent would not hesitate to supply an actress.

Once James felt he had put everything in place, he just needed to wait until Sunday evening to pull the "reporter" woman out into the open again.  James sent a text to his Boss.

If possible please be unseen in public Sunday evening. – James

Why?

I'm working to find the reporter.  I have a plan.

Ok.

Gavin stared at the incoming messages from James silently wondering what sort of plan he had.  He dismissed the thoughts simply because he had plans to be out of town anyway.