Din is here

The food at GuiZhou House was superb as always and Lily felt like she had gone to heaven, The dinner conversation flowed pretty well between Seong and Lily, Gavin answered every now and then, but he was his usual quiet withdrawn self. Viv came into the room every so often to check on them always offering more wine. Lily kept refused the wine, she wasn't much of a drinker anyway. She was turning 21 the next day, which was only a major event for drinking in other countries, in China you could drink at 18. Lily just never had the desire to.

"Hey, I meant to ask you..." Seong paused taking a sip of his wine."What are you celebrating tomorrow?" He asked Lily.

Lily's eyes went wide and she looked at him in surprise.

"Did I say I was celebrating tomorrow?" Her voice squeaked a little as she spoke.

"Yeah. You said on the phone that you had to leave tomorrow to go to your family's house for a celebration. What's the occasion? National Holiday isn't until next Saturday, so what is your family celebrating tomorrow?"

Lily looked at Gavin who was now intently listening for her answer, then she looked back at Seong.

"I think I misspoke. I am going home tomorrow for National Holiday week." Lily was lying and she actually felt guilty for it. But she didn't want Gavin to know it was her birthday the next day.

"How are you getting to your family Villa?" Gavin asked.

"My father is sending a driver. No one wants me driving, so don't worry, I won't be." Lily rolled her eyes.

Gavin nodded in agreement.

Lily's phone vibrated in her wristlet, so she apologized to Gavin and Seong as she pulled it out. It was a message from her brother Din.

Where are you?

I'm out to dinner.

You are supposed to be on bedrest. Where is Fin?

He is with me.

Get home now. I have a driver at your apartment to take you to the Villa.

NO! I am out, having dinner and I told dad I will go home in the morning. He is sending his driver to pick me up in the morning. Lily sent an angry face emoji.

Din didn't respond any more so Lily put her phone away.

She didn't have a pleasant look on her face when she looked up again.

"Everything alright?" Gavin asked.

"Yes. I should be heading home soon. I'm starting to feel tired. I don't have much energy these days." Lily was truthfully feeling like her energy was depleted.

Gavin sent a message to Gou letting him know it was time to take Lily home. Viv came in to say goodbye to each of them. She hugged Lily this time. Viv told Lily she was welcome there any time without a reservation. Lily smiled and felt she had made a new friend.

"I like her." Viv said to Gavin in a hushed voice as Lily left the room. Gavin nodded in agreement.

Seong left first and drove off leaving Fin to ride in the front seat with Gou.

Gavin held Lily's hand as she eased her way into the car. She winced a little and could feel the soreness returning to her body. She had probably over done it, but it was worth that meal at GuiZhou House. Gavin frowned when he saw her in pain.

The drive back to Lily's apartment was not very long, but it was long enough for Lily to close her eyes and fall asleep. Gavin pulled her to him holding her in his arms. He felt the most at peace when she was near him. He was dreading not being able to see her for a week. He truly wished he could take her home to meet his parents, but he knew he needed to have a talk with his mom about the bracelet first. Gavin looked down over her sleeping face admiring her delicate features and the way her eyelashes fanned out on her cheeks. The soft sound of her light breathing was almost as beautiful as the sound of her giggle to him.

Once Gou had stopped in front of Lily's apartment, both he and Fin got out of the car to open doors. Fin noticed that Din's motorcycle was parked out front and he frowned deeply. Lily was still sleeping when the doors to the car opened. She barely opened her eyes. Gavin pulled her close and breathed in the scent of her hair. Lily tried to push herself up and winced in pain since she was in an awkward position.

"Don't. Let me help you." Gavin was very soft spoken.

"I'm ok. It's just sore still."

Lily tried to push up again and it was just too awkward of a position that it hurt too much.

Gavin lifted Lily into his lap and held her against his chest. He slowly stood up careful not to hit her head on the car as he got out.

"I'll carry you." He was very firm in his tone of voice. Lily was too tired and too sore to argue with him. She leaned her head against his shoulder and wrapped her arms around his neck.

Lily was so light in Gavin's arms he felt like she had lost weight, which made him frown.

"You need to eat more." He scolded her.

She nuzzled into his shoulder. "You have ten dates to feed me." She teased him.

Fin stopped Gavin at the bottom of the stairs.

"Sir. I apologize. But Master Din is here. It may not be wise for you to carry her into the apartment." Fin wasn't worried about Gavin, he was more concerned for himself.

Lily sat up in Gavin's arms. "Din is here!" She struggled to get out of Gavin's grasp. "Put me down."

Unfortunately for all the parties there Din exited the apartment when he heard their voices and saw Lily struggling to get down. He heard her tell Gavin to put her down and he bounded down the stairs ready to deck him.

"PUT HER DOWN!" He yelled as he reached where they were standing.