I'm Not Telling Her

Lily lay on the hospital bed with an IV in her arm.  This was the third time in two weeks she was in the hospital.  As Gavin walked to her he saw how tiny she looked in the bed and his heart ached.  He wanted to take her and hide her from the world then never let her go.

"Hey. You're still here." Lily said quietly when she noticed Gavin standing in the doorway looking at her.

"yeah.  I'm still here." He slowly walked to her bed.

"Thank you." She whispered as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Shhhhhh."  Gavin reached over and wiped the tears from her face with his fingers. 

"You saved me."  She said quietly.

"Actually my security guy saved you." Gavin felt he should give credit where it was due.

"oh. How did he know where to find me?"

"You know.  From all the stalking I've done." Gavin said with a small smile.

Lily started to laugh then groaned from the pain.

"Don't laugh.  Oh please don't hurt yourself." Gavin's face fell and he just wanted to make all of Lily's pain go away.

Gavin cleared his throat. "Din is here too. Would you like to see him?"

Lily's eyes opened wide.

"He's going to kill Xave.  He can't know it was Xave. I don't want Din going to jail." Lily looked so worried for her brother.

"He will be fine.  I promise.  I will go get him."

Lily reached for Gavin's hand just as he turned to leave. 

"Thank you Gavin."

Gavin nodded and turned to leave the room.

When Din came rushing in he almost tackled Lily and tried to hug her.  She winced and he pulled back.

"Oh my god are you ok? I'm so sorry Lily this is all my fault." Din was practically on his knees by the bed.

"Din. No.  This isn't your fault."

"Yes it is.  That boy was already abusive and nutty, and we pushed him over the edge by leaving him so messed up.  I should have just killed him like I wanted to." Din was seething with anger.

"Din! Hush!" Lily looked to the door to see if anyone could have heard him.

"Do not say things like that!"

Lily lay her head back on the bed and closed her eyes.  She felt completely exhausted and the pain medicine was starting to take over.

The doctors explained to Din and young Master Sun that Lily's ribs weren't broken, but she had a bad bone bruise which was almost just as bad.  It would feel like broken ribs and take a little longer to heal.  The best thing for her to do was to rest.  Keep her activities to a minimum. No lifting of any kind for at least 4 weeks.  She was going to need to miss the next week of school and take the holiday to recover as well.  She could return with light activity once the Holiday week was over.  Din and Gavin both looked at one another knowing this was not something Lily was going to accept willingly.

"I'm not telling her." Din said and put his hands in the air.

Gavin shook his head and both men looked at the doctor.

The doctor just laughed.  "I don't mind telling her. But you will have to keep her from disobeying my orders." After that the doctor turned and walked away.

"We need Sue." Din said.

"Sue?" Gavin asked as if he didn't know.

"Her best friend.  She will bully her into not going to school and get away with it."  Din was satisfied with passing this off onto her best friend.

The waiting room was quiet with just the two men in there.  Lily practically had the entire floor to herself since there were no other VIP medical patients today.  The staff kept checking on Gavin and Din and a few nurses tried flirting with both men as well.  Gavin flatly ignored them and didn't even look at them.  Din noticed how withdrawn and cold Gavin was toward the nurses and made a mental note of it.  Sue came flying into the waiting room later in the afternoon. 

"Oh My God! Where is she??? Is she ok? What happened? Everyone is talking about it at school! Some said she almost died!" Sue looked like she was going to cry.

"She didn't almost die. It's just bruised ribs.  But it did scare her and she's asleep." Din answered simply like an older brother would.

"How did this happen? The rumor is Xave was going to kill her but when she got away he killed himself. They found a suicide note and everything." Sue explained.

Both Gavin and Din looked at one another in surprise.

"You don't know what happened?" Sue eyed both of them suspiciously.

Neither said a word and just stared at Sue blankly.

"Uh huh.  Sure." Sue knew better.  But she also knew better than to ask more questions when it came to Din.  She suspected Gavin was going to be a similar story.

"Young Master Sun, Young Master Li..... Miss Yi is asking for you."  A young nurse came into the waiting room at that time.

Sue jumped up "Not without me!" she bullied her way in front of them.

Din gave Gavin a look like "See!" and pointed at Sue's back.  Gavin nodded and the three of them walked to Lily's room.

Gavin and Din stood by the door as Sue bombarded Lily with questions and fussed over her.

She seemed like an old auntie.  Lily looked at Din for help and Din just shrugged his shoulders.

"Sue.  I'm fine.  Stop fussing.  It's just a bruise." Lily admonished her friend.

"No you are not fine.  You were attacked.  I'd kill the bastard myself if he weren't already....." Sue stopped what she was saying.

"Weren't already what?" Lily asked and her face paled.

"Well he.... Ummmm.  I'm not sure the exact details. But... ummmm.  He.... " Sue didn't know what to say.

"He is dead Lily." Gavin answered for her very emotionless.

Lily stared at Gavin then looked at Din frightened.

"He committed suicide." Gavin explained very matter of factly.

Lily looked slightly relieved that her brother wasn't in trouble but also sad that Xave was actually dead.

"I'm sorry Lily." Sue lowered her head and said quietly.

"It's fine. I just feel sorry for his parents.  He was their only child."