Business Meeting

Everyone left Lily's room shortly after she opened her gifts. except for Gavin. He had started to leave with all the others but Lily grabbed his hand and asked him to stay. The gesture made Gavin's heart clench. He was hopelessly in love with Lily. Sue was the last to leave and she looked over her shoulder at the couple, smiling as she closed the door.

"Thank you Gavin." Lily said quietly once it was just the two of them. Gavin simply smiled at Lily.

"I have been thinking." Lily said then paused. "I would like to have a real date with you. I know we have already agreed to ten dates, and I think we have had enough interactions to safely say that we like one another. So I thought maybe..... well.... This may sound very forward... but would you like to spend a day with me after National Holiday?" Lily's cheeks blushed as she spoke.

"Miss Lily are you asking me out on a date?" Gavin couldn't help but laugh as he spoke.

Lily blushed. "I would love to spend a day with you." He said as he leaned over to kiss the top of her head. "Get some rest Lily. I need to head to my family's festivities. I'm only a phone call away." Lily nodded her head in agreement and squeezed his hand.

As Gavin left her room he headed toward the main hall to speak to Din. Din and Jae were not in the living room when he arrived. Seok and Gloria were quietly chatting while Sue sat on the couch playing on her phone. "Gavin, is she resting?" Seok asked when he saw Gavin approaching. "Yes, she is. Is Din around so that I may speak with him?" Gavin asked.

"He and Jae are in his study. I will have a servant go and get him."

"No, that is not necessary. I would like to speak to him privately if possible. If it is alright, just show me where his study is." Gavin's demeanor was very business like instead of the familiar air he showed in Lily's presence.

"Of course." Seok motioned for a servant and instructed him to show Gavin to Din's study.

Gavin knocked on the study door when he got there and could hear Din and Jae's voices abruptly stop speaking. Din opened the door staring at Gavin a few seconds before he spoke.

"Master Sun." Din greeted him coldly.

"Din. Call me Gavin." Gavin extended a personal offering. "Are you free to speak now, rather than in the morning?" Din moved to the side allowing Gavin to walk in.

The study was very tidy with dark wood paneling and floor to ceiling book shelves filled with scholarly books. The room was very masculine with a dark wood desk and burgundy high back chairs in a sitting area. It looked more like the study of a business man rather than that of a man who ran in the illegal circles. Gavin was slightly surprised by the décor of the room, it didn't seem to fit the motorcycle riding tough guy façade that Din wore outside the Yi family estate. Jae sat comfortably in one of the high back chairs until Gavin approached, he stood in greeting.

"I'm Gavin Sun." Gavin greeted Jae with his hand out as if they were all about to have a business meeting.

"Master Sun." Jae shook his hand, but didn't introduce himself in kind.

"I see." Gavin knew when someone was friendly and when one was not. "I would like to a discuss Lily's safety." Gavin's tone changed from a friendly warm tone to a cold one in an instant.

"What about her safety?" Din spoke just as coldly from behind Gavin.

"May I?" Gavin pointed to a chair asking to sit. Din nodded but didn't say anything.

"I am concerned about Lily returning to her apartment alone." Gavin spoke matter of factly.

"As am I." Jae agreed. "Din filled me in on what has been happening. I understand you have helped her. For that I am grateful. But don't think that means we are in support of you using our little sister." Jae sneered as he spoke.

Gavin laughed. "I assure you I am not using Lily. I intend to marry her."

"You don't know her." Din growled.

"Look, I am not here to discuss my relationship with Lily. I simply want to address her safety in light of this mornings dealings." Gavin shot back.

"I have a full security team around this estate as we speak. I also have two men that watch her every move. For her safety I assure you." Gavin continued. "My head of security is a top private investigator he is looking into the disappearance of your man Fin. I would like to propose that Lily stay in the building I live in until we are sure she is safe."

"No way!" Din interrupted. "I will find a different place for her! She is not living with you."

"I was not proposing she live with me." Gavin explained. "I was stating she could live in her own apartment in the building I live in. My family owns the building. It has round the clock security, and if she needs anything it can be provided without her having to leave."

"It also gives you more access to her." Jae added with a scowl.

"I have access to her in her apartment now. I don't need her in my building to have access." Gavin said coldly. "I'm speaking strictly from a safety stand point."

Din sat quietly thinking over what he was proposing. He was already trying to figure out where Lily could stay after National Holiday was over. He knew Lily would protest greatly over leaving her apartment. The only thing all three men agreed on at the moment was it was in her best interest to leave where she currently lived.

"She will protest." Din finally said.

"I'm aware. I think if she knew all three of us agreed she may consider it."

"What about Sue?" Jae asked. "She may be instrumental in suggesting it as well."

All three men sat quietly for a moment thinking about using Sue to help their cause.

"I agree." Gavin stated.

"Fine. But she better have her own place, and you better not have a key." Din said pointing a finger at Gavin.

"I don't need a key." Gavin reassured. He really didn't need a key, the security team would have one and if it was a matter of life and death he could easily have them give it to him. Truth was he could have them give it to him even if it was not life or death, but he would respect her privacy.

Gavin nodded in agreement.

"Anything else?" Din was obviously ready for Gavin to leave.

"Yes. Her cell phone. I have my team tracing the origins of the message she received this morning. I should have an answer, I actually may already have an answer but I haven't checked since I arrived here. I think it may be time to change her number." Gavin had in fact already instructed his team to prepare a new number for her and to wait for his word to execute the change.

"On this we completely agree." Din said.

"Good. Then I will have my team make the change once you have informed Lily." Gavin looked directly at Din as he spoke.

Din nodded.

"Jae, it was nice to meet you. Din, as always." Gavin stood as he spoke.

Jae and Din stood also. There was an awkward silence as the three men stood in Din's study. Gavin started walking toward the door.

"Wait." Din said. Gavin turned to look at Din.

"Thank you." Din bowed his head slightly. Gavin widened his eyes, he hadn't expected Din to show respect to him.

Gavin nodded thenleft the room