Likewise

Gavin sat in the dark near Lily's apartment in the back of his Mercedes. The light of his phone was the only illumination in the car. Gavin finally decided to reach out to Lily.

Lily, I'm sorry for my behavior the other day with your brother Din. – G

Lily's phone pinged with the sound of a message and she saw that it was from Gavin. Her heart began to beat wildly and she felt she couldn't open the message fast enough. She smiled in relief as she read the simple text. She had forgiven Gavin days ago but her own stubbornness kept her from reaching out to him.

I forgive you. – L

It was such a simple response but it carried the weight of the world to Gavin. He sighed heavily and smiled.

Are you feeling any better?

Yes. Thank you for asking. Lily included a smiling emoji with her response.

I wish I could see you. Gavin held his breath as he sent the message.

Lily sat silent as she read the last text over and over. He wants to see me. She really wanted to see him too. She had missed his presence, or rather she missed his attention. Lily held her breath for a moment before she answered.

I would like to see you too. I have something to talk about with you.

Lily read her response and she frowned it was so cold sounding. So she deleted it.

I would love to see you too. Nope too desperate. She deleted again.

Likewise.

It was simple – she finally hit send.

Gavin read the one word response. He smiled. She said quite enough with one word.

When?

Soon. I need to talk to you about something.

Lily bit her lip. She didn't know how to discuss what he did for her Father's company.

Gavin didn't wait for another text he simply called her. The phone rang three times before Lily finally answered.

"Hello." Lily's sweet voice filled Gavin's ear and he felt at peace again.

"Hello my love." Gavin was grinning from ear to ear.

"My love? I thought we established we had to have 10 dates before speaking like this." Lily wrinkled her nose again, but her heart was leaping in her chest.

"Saying it now or after ten dates won't change how I feel."

Lily was grinning like a giddy high school girl. She cleared her throat and straightened her face as if that would change the way she sounded on the phone.

"None the less. Ten dates still stands. This is not a relationship. We have to learn one another first." Lily meant that too. She would never get into a relationship with a man she didn't know. Chen Xave only got her to agree to a relationship after two years of pursuing her. And look how that turned out she thought.

"What is it that you wished to talk to me about?" Gavin would let it go for now.

"I...... I don't exactly know where to start.....I'm....... profoundly grateful to you.....but I'm also  irritated with you...." Words seemed to fail Lily at the moment. Her emotions over this were very complex.

"Have I offended you in some way?" Gavin had no idea what she could be referring to.

"My father's company."

"Oh! Why would you be irritated? Did the ad campaign not work? Is there a problem with it? I can have my team work on it in the morning if we need to." Gavin suddenly was very serious.

"No. No. No. Stop. It worked beautifully. The profit this year is more than in previous years and the two ads side by side actually compliment one another. The issue is that you did it to begin with."

Gavin laughed. "Why is this an issue?"

"Master Sun...."

"Gavin" He interrupted her.

"Gavin." Lily corrected. "I don't need you to constantly rescue me or my famiy. We are quite resilient and have succeeded on our own before you ever knew I existed. Its almost insulting that you don't think we can handle it on our own. My father thinks my mother helped from above, I couldn't dare tell him it was because you are pursuing me." Lily felt exasperated over this.

"Lily, I would move mountains to ensure you and your family are well taken care of."

"What about Din? You threatened him." Lily's tone cooled as she spoke.

"I would move mountains for him too. I was just puffing my chest and being a man at that time. Your brother and I are both fighting for you. My intent is to marry you, his is to protect you. I admire him more for it."

"Pfffffft. Marry me! Ha!" Lily felt it sounded absurd.

"I'm serious." Gavin's tone was incredibly serious too.

Lily coughed like she was choking on water as he said it.

"I..... you...... Gavin.... You don't know me." Lily stammered.

"My heart knows you. I only want you."

"I don't know what to say." This man was professing his love to her and they hadn't had a single date.

"I will only marry you Lilianna." It was the first time Gavin had ever called her by her full name. It sounded beautiful coming from him and made Lily's heart race. She imagined him saying her name on their wedding day. Lily shook her head and pulled herself back to reality.

"Gavin, ten dates. I feel I must remind you constantly of the ten dates."

"When can I have the first one then? I tried to have one with you for lunch the other day and it didn't work out."

"That wouldn't have counted as a date anyway!" Lily refuted.

"Why not? I mean there was a meal there, flowers, I saw you almost naked...... and we kissed. Actually you kissed me!" Gavin laughed as he spoke.

"Gavin Sun! How dare you! I did no such thing. I moved my head that is all. You kissed me! And that is not a date!" Lily's face was completely red and she was grateful he couldn't see her at the moment.

Gavin laughed. "Ok it wasn't a date, so I still get to see you ten more times!" He continued to be amused.

Lily sat with her mouth open. Twice now he has won in this way. She needed to stop arguing what constituted a date otherwise she may never get out of this deal.

"I am done arguing dates with you." Lily conceded.

"Great! So when shall we have our first date?" Gavin was still amused.

"I have to leave on Sunday to go to my family home for Holiday. I will be gone a week. When I get back I should be healed more and we can have a date then." Lily almost wished she didn't have to wait now.

"Deal. Goodnight Miss Lily. I look forward to a date in a week."

"Likewise." Lily hung up the phone and smiled.