Powerful, Angry and Stubborn

Gavin picked up Lily and carried her in his arms like a bride into the hospital. Din was shooting daggers through his eyes at Gavin as he watched him holding his sister.

"I'll take her." Din reached over to take Lily.

"Like hell." Gavin sneered at him. The tone Gavin used and his aura gave off so much power and animosity that Din stopped reaching for Lily.

"Who the fuck are you to deny her brother taking her?" Din was seething.

Gavin stopped momentarily at the word 'brother' but simply turned and walked toward the Emergency department.

The moment that young Master Sun walked in with the young woman in his arms the Doctor recognized him and ran over. He started yelling orders and calling for a bed and equipment. Din suddenly realized how powerful this man was and how much pull he truly had just watching how fast the staff reacted. Although it was good for Lily in this moment, he still hated this man for touching his sister. Din started to walk through the doors with them and the staff tried to stop him.

"I'm her damn brother! I'm family." He yelled so loud everyone around looked at him. The nurses allowed him to go with her. Din was furious. Why would they stop me but not that asshole who carried her in? Din wondered.

Lily looked so pitiful and tiny in the bed with the IV in her arm and a big cloth across her forehead. The nurses made the two men step out of the room while they stripped Lily of her clothes and wrapped her in medicine soaked cloth that would help break the fever. Din and Gavin stood outside the door. Both men powerful in their own ways, and both also very angry and stubborn. Gou walked toward Gavin at that moment.

"How is Miss Lily?" Gou asked quietly.

Din hearing this couldn't help himself. "How do you two assholes know her?" Din didn't care about their power or the fact that both men were taller than him. He could take on at least one of them.

"Who are you?" Gou said through gritted teeth.

"None of your damn business. That's who. I asked you two a question first."

A nurse shushed the men as she walked by. All three men nodded respectfully at her and lowered their voices.

Neither Gou nor Gavin answered his question.

Din was livid. "I'm only going to ask this nicely one more time. How do you two assholes know MY sister?" Din emphasized the word 'my' as he said it.

Gou looked over at Master Sun. Gavin was thinking through how many times Din had said sister and the fact that he had heard Lily call Din "brother Din" when the boy Xave had her in his arms.

Gavin not being one to usually apologize nor step aside realized he was about the offend the family of the woman he was in love with.

The doctor came out of Lily's room and started to explain to young Master Sun what the next steps were. Gavin held up his hand to interrupt the doctor and pointed to her brother. He was letting the Doctor know who the family member was. The Doctor turned to Din "I apologize. Lily is going to be ok. She has picked up a virus or a flu, I'm not sure which one. She doesn't have an infection so there is no need for antibiotics. We are reducing the fever but I would like to keep her through the night to make sure it doesn't spike back up." Din nodded his head at the doctor but didn't immediately say anything. After a moment he asked,"When can I see her?" that was all he cared about.

"I'd say in the next hour. She needs to break the fever and we need to make sure she's ok before she has visitors." Din nodded his head at the doctor.

The doctor looked at both Din and Gavin and just simply bowed slightly and walked away. Din turned and headed toward the waiting area. Gavin walked over to the nurses station and said something to the staff. After a few moments the staff went into Lily's room and started to move her to a different floor. Din saw what was happening and ran over to find out why she was being moved. Gavin stepped in front of him. "I asked them to move her to the VIP floor. She will have more privacy and better care there." Din didn't argue with Gavin and was agreeable. He nodded and didn't try to stop them from taking her to another floor.

Gavin whispered to Gou and Gou turned and walked away.

There was an awkward silence between Gavin and Din as the two men walked to the VIP floor to wait in the waiting room there.

"Thank you." That's all Din said as they walked.

"You are welcome." Gavin replied.

Neither man spoke again while in the waiting room on the VIP floor of the hospital. Gavin sat patiently looking through emails on his phone. Din paced up and down and made two phone calls. One to his father to let him know what was happening and one to his men. When he spoke on the phone with his men he spoke in hushed tones. But he wanted more information about young Master Sun and he told them to use whatever means necessary to get it. Meanwhile, young Master Sun was sending emails to his security to look into Yi Din and he didn't care if it ruffled the feathers in the illegal circles. He wanted to know everything he could about this man.

Gavin looked over at Yi Din. So Lily is the young Miss Yi. He cocked his head to the side and watched Yi Din pace.