Heading to the Villa

Lily woke up early on her birthday, Sunday, and felt more tired than normal.  More than likely from the day before and getting out of the house.   She couldn't help but smile when she remembered Viv and Seong at the restaurant.  She wished her interactions with Din were more like that and less like having a controlling older brother.  Lily frowned as she recalled the night before and how angry Din was.  She shook her head to clear her mind of the negative memory and decided to make some tea before she packed and left to go to the family Villa.  Lily walked through the living room and noticed that Fin wasn't around.  She saw that the book he was reading was on the stool he had been sitting on but he was not there.  Lily didn't think anything more of it and just went about doing what she had to in order to leave shortly.

Sue called Lily while she was packing her bags to offer to take her to her Villa but Lily knew her father had arranged for her to have a driver pick her up.  Lily told Sue she may ride back with her depending on how long Sue was staying.  Sue didn't visit her Own family very often since they had a falling out when Sue left for college.  Sue's father had set up an arranged marriage for Sue and she rebelled running off instead.  Lily made sure that Sue was always welcomed in their home and her brothers truly treated her like family.  Although Lily was grateful that Sue no longer had a crush on her brother Din. 

Lily was about to call her father to say she was ready to be picked up when there was a knock at the door.  Wow, perfect timing! Lily thought as she pulled her suitcase off the bed.  It hurt her side and she whimpered in pain, so she decided to leave the case on the floor for the driver to help her get.

"Coming!" Lily shouted to the door.

Lily opened the door to find Gou standing there.

"Miss Lily."  He said in greeting.

"Gou!  I'm surprised to see you!  Why are you here?"

"I was instructed to pick you up and take you to your family Villa."  He was very matter of fact.

Lily stared at him with a puzzled expression.

"I appreciate Gavin's thoughtfulness, but I have a driver arranged from my father to come take me to the Villa."  Lily explained.

"Miss Lily, I believe that young Master and your father have agreed to this arrangement."

Lily was stunned.

"Gou, do you mind waiting just a moment while I call my father?"

Lily opened the door wider to allow Gou to enter the apartment.

Lily picked up her cell phone and dialed her dad's number.

"Hey my flower!  Happy Birthday!" Seok said cheerfully.

"Thanks Dad.  I appreciate it."

"What time will you be arriving?" He asked.

"Well that is why I called, I thought we arranged for you to send a driver."

"Oh!  I was under the impression that young Master Sun was arranging to have you brought here.  I can send my driver right away, but it will be close to an hour before he arrives there."

"No, that's not necessary Dad.  Gavin's driver is here at my apartment.  I wanted to make sure you weren't sending a driver as well."  Lily was a little irritated at the arrangements being made without anyone discussing it with her.

"Gavin?  You are on a first name basis with young Master Sun?" Seok's voice sounded very surprised.

"Yes, Dad.  He has asked me to call him Gavin."

"That's good.  Well since his driver is there you should get going.  I will see you soon!" 

"Ok, see you soon." 

Both of them hung up at the same time.  Lily turned toward Gou.

"I guess it was all arranged without my knowledge."  Lily said flatly.

Gou noticed the dismay in Lily's face despite the fact that her voice carried no emotions.

"Is Master Sun joining me?" Lily asked with obvious irritation.  She didn't want Gavin to know it was her birthday, but she also didn't want to fall asleep on him again and she knew the long drive would make her sleepy.

"No Miss Lily, Master Sun is attending other things today."  Gou answered.

Lily immediately perked up and smiled at Gou.

"Good!  Then let's get going." Lily paused a moment and looked up at Gou. "Gou, I'm sorry to have to ask, but can you carry my case.  It was a little heavy and it caused a bit of pain in my side when I tried to pull it off the bed."  Lily looked at Gou sheepishly.

"No worries, Miss Lily.  I would be in trouble with young Master Sun if I didin't."

Gou walked toward Lily's room then picked up the suitcase like it weighed nothing and strode back to the front door.  Lily grabbed her purse and her school bag so she could work on class work while at the Villa.  She took a final look around and saw the book Fin had been reading.  She left it where it was but once again wondered where he could be.

Lily stepped into the back door of the car where Gou stood holding her door open.  She smiled politely at Gou as she sat down.  Her head was full of thoughts ranging from "how did Gavin and her father come to arrange this?" To hoping Gavin didn't some how find out it was her birthday.  Lily was lost in thought when Gou pulled the car away from her apartment.  She looked out the window for a moment and noticed that Fin's car was parked out front.  She turned her head to watch as the car she was in pulled off and her mind was slightly alarmed.  Why would Fin leave his car behind. She pondered.  Gou watched her from the rear view mirror and saw the concerned look on her face.

"Everything alright Miss Lily?"  Gou inquired.

"Yes.  I think so.  I'm not sure." She answered while turning back around.

Gou nodded and didn't push her for more information.  He felt like she would say something if there was a problem.