Chapter 2

*Ten Years Later*

The alarm clock went off, Seokjin quickly shut it. He sat up and stretched his arms. He took a quick shower and got dressed. He combed his bangs in his face and glanced at the time. If he left now he would be on time. He ran out of his apartment and made his way back to the fast-food restaurant he worked at.

Ten years had passed in a blink of an eye. To be honest, he hated his life and most importantly he hated his job. He was twenty-six and the only job he could get was at a fast-food restaurant. It was a job and with the right amount of hours he could pay all his bills but it wasn't enough. Other places always looked at him with judgment.

"Oh Jin you're an alpha but you're so soft-spoken."

"Oh sorry, Jin but we're looking for a more assertive alpha."

Omegas rarely wanted to date him. They were interested in his handsome face but because he wasn't 'aggressive' enough he always got cheated on or dumped.

Who cares? He always told himself. This was how he lived. He didn't understand why people wanted him to beat his chest and swing his knot around to prove he was an alpha.

When the music came on he turned to the TV. A big smile came on his face when he saw Namjoon rapping and moving to the beat of the song.

He had lost contact with Namjoon and Yoongi after he and his mother moved. Shortly after the incident with Taehyung, his mother found out his father was cheating and they left New York City to live with his aunt Busan for a while. He had wished they kept in contact but he was happy for Namjoon who went under the name RM. He hadn't heard anything about Yoongi or Taehyung. Wherever they were he just prayed they were well and happy. A few times he had been tempted to reach out to Namjoon but he knew there was no way he remembered a nobody like him.

"Jin, can you come into my office for a moment." The manager asked him. He followed behind her. He sat down in front of the desk. She sighed deeply. "I'm sorry to inform you but it's been decided that you're being terminated."

His face dropped. "What? You're kidding right?" She just stared at him. "I don't make mistakes at work. I'm always on time, I don't ever call out! And I work late when you need me to! So why am I being fired?!" He tried controlling his anger.

"You were disrespectful to your late shift manager last night." He stared at the blonde alpha woman before letting out a small laugh.

"I see...so you're mad because I turned you down and you filed a complaint against me?"

"I had to do what was necessary to keep our work environment peaceful."

He scoffed. "I can't fucking believe this! You came on to me and I turned you down so to get back at me you filed against me! How low is that?!"

"Jin, let's end this peacefully, just hand in your badge and apron." He threw them on the desk and stormed out. He grabbed his personal belongings and stormed out of the building. He had to find another job and fast. Rent was due in two days. He zipped his coat up. He hated doing this but this was the only way he could get some cash and quick. He grabbed his cell phone.

"Hey Troy, it's me Jin. Do you have any side jobs?"

"How much do you need?"

He bit his bottom lip not knowing how long it would take him to find another job.

"I just got laid off from my job so I need a good amount."

"Hmm, well I could give you a transport job."

Seokjin sighed deeply stomping down the street. "You know I hate doing that. It's a big responsibility and something happens it's either on me or that's the time I see the light of day." He lit a cigarette.