Moving On

About 5 minutes had past and no one had really noticed Yerim's absence except for Yeojin. She'd been leaning her head on Yerim's  shoulder during the movie. She stood up and headed upstairs to the bathroom she saw Yerim go into. Everyone was a bit distracted with the movie to notice the small girl leave.

As she's about to knock she hears some sniffling coming from inside. "Yerim? It's me Yeojin."

"Oh sorry Yeojin I'll be right out!" She uses a fake happy tone but Yeojin knew her all too well. "What's wrong?"

The girl in the bathroom stays silent for a while trying to collect her thoughts. "Nothing don't worry about me it's just my allergies are acting up."

Yeojin chuckles. "Yerim you don't have allergies..."

Yerim opens the door and peeks at the short girl on the other side. "How do you know?"

She leans closer to her. "I remember everything about you."

She fully opens the door and lets Yeojin in. "Tell me what's wrong." She puts her hand on Yerim's shoulder.

Even though Yerim would like to be truthful Yeojin isn't the ideal person to tell one's secrets too. Especially secrets that involve someone in the friend group. It's not that Yeojin did it purposely but words often slipped out her mouth without her doing any thinking. The same way she yelled "Olivia Hye" when Gowon asked who else would be arriving. Yerim was still willing to tell the girl some of the truth.

"It's just the movie reminds me how I'm so... unwanted."

Yeojin frowns if only Yerim knew how much she liked her. "Yerim you're not unwanted I love you and so does everyone else." Yeojin felt great telling Yerim she loved her. Even if she made it seem like she meant it in a friend way.

"You know what I mean... The only person who's ever shown interest in me doesn't even want me."

The younger was about to question who this person was but figured right now wouldn't be a good time. "You don't have to devote yourself to one person when there's other people willing to do anything for you..."

"Like who?"

Yeojin takes a deep breathe. "Well... me..." She wasn't sure if that was a confession but it was something since Yerim's crying settled down quickly.

"Can you just hug me then?"

Yeojin smiles and hugs her. She felt warm and cozy like always and Yerim loved the way the small girl fit perfectly in her arms. It was as if she was holding a puppy. She was pretty glad even if she couldn't tell Yeojin everything she was always willing to help her.

But what did Yeojin mean by herself? Yerim wondered as well if that was a confession. Maybe if it was Yerim could finally love someone who loved her back.

Yeojin pulled back."Do you wanna get back?" Yerim smiles and nodded. They head back and everyone looks at them but they don't say anything. Jiwoo is just glad to see Yerim looking a bit happier.

Instead of Yeojin snuggling up to Yerim it was the other way around. After that interaction Yerim just wanted to have her closer and never let her go. As they watch the movie Yerim notices how she wasn't thinking about Gowon as much. Even when she did she looked over at Yeojin and was reminded of how she's loved completely forgetting about the blonde. She hadn't even realized Gowon and Olivia weren't in front of the house anymore...
__________________________
"Do you think they'll notice we left them?" Gowon asks.

"Don't worry about them right now." Olivia keeps her eyes on the road in front of her.

Gowon nods and leans back in the passenger seat. Never had she imagined she'd be "sneaking out" with the girl that was supposed to be her rival. It's so strange the way they hardly knew each other but both felt a connection that made them wanna stay together. Both had felt this when they saw each other at the tournament place.