Chapter 1

Cherry's POV

''Morning, mom and dad!'' I skipped happily in the kitchen and kissed their cheeks.
''Morning, honey. I made chocolate pancakes for you.''
''Thanks, mom.'' I clapped my hands and sat down in front of the mouthwatering goodness. My mom makes the best pancakes and she knows it.

''Have you prepared yourself for school in Monday? I know it's your first day of senior year.''
''I did. I'm so excited to start my last year of high school.'' I smiled and stuffed my mouth with delicious pancakes.

''You grew up so fast. Can you go back when you were little?'' My mom whined. I chuckled at her statement. Since I finished my junior year, she has been talking all summer how she wishes I was still a little.

My mom and dad were with me through everything since I was birthed. I love my parents more than anything and I'm really grateful to God for giving me such a wonderful parents.

''Honey, we want to tell you something.'' My dad said lowering his newspapers on the table.
''What is it?'' I replied and threw the dirty napkin in the trash can.

''Damien is coming back today afternoon.''
''Really?'' I grinned. I missed my brother so much. I'm so happy he is coming back. He has been away for four years and now he is finally back.

''He finished with the college and he called us yesterday to tell us he will be coming back today.'' My mom smiled. I can tell she was bursting out of happiness.

Damien is my older brother. I have known him as a gruff and cold guy since always. But despite his coldness towards me, I still love him and care for him because he is my only brother.

I always wanted a nice and caring older brother, but my wish didn't happen. I sometimes think he hates me, but sibilings don't hate each other. Hate is a really big thing and nobody should ever hate on someone.

My brother doesn't like me at all and I don't know why. He never hurt me physically, but he hurt my feelings every day before he went to college. Even tho, I still missed him when he was away.

I went to my room after I finished eating. I got dressed out of my pajama into white floral dress. I put my hair in a messy bun and ploped down on my chair.

What to do? What to do? I got up abruptly as idea popped in my mind. I'm going grocery shopping and I will make dinner for Damien. I wanted to do something for his comeback home.

I put on my white sandals and rushed downstairs.
''Mom, can I go grocery shopping?''
''Why, honey?''
''I wanted to make us dinner when Damien is going to come.'' I said blushing. Her face broke into a smile as she handed me her credit card.

''Buy something good.'' She winked and continued watching a TV. I nodded and put the card in my purse before heading out of the door.

I was walking to our 15 minutes away store. It's the closest store to our house so I always go there. And it's nice since it's late morning.

When I arrived in the store, I grabbed free trolley. I don't know what to make for dinner. I know he doesn't like fish so I have to choose another meat.

I decided on doing beef with baked potatoes. And for salad I took cucumbers and tomato. I will slice that in cubics and pour with olive oil. Just at the thought of food my mouth watered amd my stomach growled even tho I ate an hour ago.

I paid for everything and put in the bag. I was coming back home like a snail because the bag was heavy, but I made it. I entered the house and went to empty the bag in the kitchen.

I went to my room and ploped down on my bed. I decided to read a book while waiting for the time when I'm going to start making a dinner.

I hope I will make everything good. I don't want to disappoint him. I kind of want to start over our sibiling relationship. I really have hope that he is not the same person as before.