Chapter 8

Cherry's POV

Second week of high school. And this hickey is still the same. Big and purple. I need to hide it somehow. If Jane sees it, she will go crazy best friend mode.

I tried with concealer, but it looked like disaster. So I took the scarf and wrapped it around my neck. It will be good like this. I thought to myself as I looked in a mirror.

I took my backpack and rushed out of the house. I took too much time trying to hide it with concealer and I'm going to be late. Just when I came to the bus, it started driving. I ran and luckily it stopped when he heard me screaming after him.

I successfully got in a school by bus. While going to the locker, I saw June waiting for me.
''Hello, my best friend!'' She smiled and hugged me.
''Hi!'' She made a face of confusion when she looked at me.

''You know, it's not that cold for wearing a scarf.'' She said.
''Well, I thought it looked nice with outfit.'' I lied. She shrugged it off but gave me a knowing look.

I was relieved that she didn't bug me about it. I feel guilty that I lied to her. But what should I say? My future husband who acted like my brother for fifteen years gave me huge hickey two days ago? Yeah, right.

I was having history after lunch that I spent with June. I just can't believe how hot he is while teaching. He will be my husband in less than three months.

''Miss Ace, last warning or you're having a detention after school.'' He shouted. I jumped up in my seat. This startled me.
''Sorry.'' I apologized.
''Say sorry to your parents when you have a detention because you were zoning out.'' He mocked on which some girls laughed making me embarassed.

I shut my mouth and looked like I was listening to him but in fact, I was thinking how would it be to strangle him in front of the class. That stupid idiot.

I picked my bag and shoved my books inside when bell rang for the end class.
''Make two essays about World Wars by the end of a week.'' He shouted. Two essays? He is crazy. I hate writing essays the most.

I was furious for the rest of a day and finally the end of a school has come. I was talking something with Jane and then I headed home. I was passing by the parking lot like every day when I saw Damien talking with someone.

And it was a girl. She was at least 5'10 with slender legs and blonde long hair. If she wasn't talking with Damien, I would thought she is a well known model. She is so pretty from afar.

But I was jealous. Very jealous. Is she Marylin he was meeting up with her few days ago? His ex-girlfriend? I decided to go and see what's going on.

''Hey, Damien.'' I said. He turned around and looked at me confused.
''Why didn't you go home?'' He asked.
''I planned to but I saw your friend here so I thought you could introduce me.'' I smiled and looked at the girl. She is so gorgeous in comparasion with me.

''I'm Damien's fiancee, Cherry.'' I said and extended my hand. She was definitely looking surprised and I could tell she didn't like me.
''I'm Marylin. Nice too meet you.'' She shook my hand.

Damien was looking pissed off by the way I introduced myself. I don't care. He can't go around with other girls while he has me.

''I was going to give Marylin a ride to the airport.''
''Oh, you were leaving?'' I asked like I was not happy inside.
''Yes. I'm going back to Chicago.'' She smiled.

Damien gave me a look to not question anything else so I shut my mouth. I was sad because of his behaviour towards me and he clearly wanted me to leave. My eyes watered, but I supressed my tears.

''I should leave. Have a safe flight.'' I smiled.
''Thanks.'' I turned around and started walking when strong arm stopped me. I looked at Damien who pulled me back.

''Come with us. I will just drop her off and then we'll go home.'' He said wrapping his arms around me.
''No. I'll be fine. It's better if you go now so she won't be late.'' I said.
''Are you sure?'' He caressed my bottom. I hummed and nodded. He leaned down and kissed my cheek.

''I'll see you at home.'' He said and moved himself from me. I smiled at them and headed home. I didn't think this will hurt.

I came home and saw an empty house. I went upstairs and did the usual stuff. I changed in Damien's shirt that I took when I was folding laundry and shorts. I went downstairs and took the plate for the food in a fridge.

I left upstairs when I finished and laid on a bed. I wanted to cry but if Damien sees me he will think I'm jealous and crying brat. I heard the front door opening. He probably came back.

I never knew he wanted to be in touch with his ex-girlfriend. How can't he understand that I'm the one for him? That I'm the one who loves him, not some Marylin or whoever.

I heard my door opening and footsteps approaching my bed.
''Cherry?'' He called me. I opened my eyes and turned around.
''What is it?'' I asked. I was falling asleep slowly.
''Nothing I just wanted to see you. Did something happened on the way home?'' I shook my head and turned on the side to face him.

''I'm going to sleep.'' I said and closed my eyes. He figured out I don't want him in my presence. But I didn't expect him to lay down next to me.

He pulled me in his chest and gripped my butt. Why is he so obssesed with my butt? I was slipping into darkness and the last thing I felt were his soft lips on my forehead.