Chapter 9

Damien's POV

I scrunched my face in discomfort because something tickled my ear. I opened my eyes to found Cherry on top of me. Her lips were near my ear and her small breaths were tickling me.

I put my hand around her back and one on her cute ass. Her butt is so perfect for me. Like it's made for my hand. She is adorable and perfect. I kissed her cheek on which she scrunched her little nose.

I decided to let her sleep for a bit more because we have to get ready for school. I usually go first, but I will wait for her today. I know she hates going with the bus, but I didn't want her to drive with me because of caution. It will ruin mine carrier and end of her school year if anybody finds out we're related.

I flipped her back on the bed before covering her up with light blanket. I got out of her room and headed to my room. I took a long warm shower and shaved my face. I smiled to myself when I saw tattoo with her name on my chest. I did it last year because I knew she will be the one for me for the last of my life and I don't regret it at all.

When I finished, I got dressed in blue jeans and plain white shirt. I slipped in my Converse and went downstairs. I noticed my mom already dressed for her work and breakfast was ready on a table.

''I have to go, Damien. I made breakfast for two of you. Bye.'' She kissed my cheek and rushed out of the door. My mom is boss in one well known restaurant. She sometimes stays for a whole day there because she needs to help out.

I heard slow footsteps going down the stairs. Cherry came down already dressed. She looked tired by the way she was walking. I opened my arms for her to come on which she just ploped on my lap.

''Are you still sleepy?'' She nodded her head. I chuckled at her state.
''Eat then we need to go to school.'' She pulled away from my chest and started eating scrambled eggs and bacon my mom previously made.

When we finished, I led her to the car on which she was surprised.
''I can go with bus.'' She said.
''You can go with me too.'' I said and opened the door for her. She lazily climbed in and secured herself with the seatbelt.

I parked where not much people were. We agreed that I'll go first then she will come after me. I entered the school and greeted to some teachers I saw on my way. I went to my office and picked up essays they had to write and started correcting them.

My first two classes were free and that gave me time for essays. I really liked the job of a teacher. I can teach something I know and that goes on and on. I love the discipline and I think high schoolers needs that the most because they are still in puberty.

Just when second class finished, I finished correcting essays. I took them all and went to the third class. I sat at my chair before students arrived. Soon I heard stompedo of students coming inside. I mentally rolled my eyes when I saw same girls in a first row.

When they were all settled, I landed my eyes on Cherry. She looked so beautiful among all of this students here. I casted my look away so it won't be weird and started teaching.

By the end of a class, I started to give out corrected essays.
''Cherry Ace, 20 points.'' I said and gave her papers. I heard gasp around us and I know she feels disappointed. She is A+ student in everything.

''Check what you did wrong and be careful for the next time.'' I said and dismissed the class. I looked at Cherry to see her still staring at the paper.

By the time, classroom emptied and she was still in some kind of state. This must hit her hard. I know she never got this low and this must hurt.

''Cherry, meet me in my office.'' I said and got out of the room. I entered my office and she came not long after.

She jumped in my arms immeditely and wrapped her legs around me.
''Shh, baby. It's fine.'' I cooed as I heard her sob in my neck.
''I'm a failure.'' She sobbed. I caressed her hair in comforting way.

''Of course, you're not. You're smartest person I know. I will let you rewrite the essays, okay?'' She looked at me and wiped her face with the back of her hand.
''And how will that help? I will write it awfully again.'' She sniffled.
''I will help you. Don't be sad because of some measly essay.''

She nodded and wiped her cheeks again. I kissed her cheeks and put her down. I wrote her apology for being late to her next class and signed it before she got out of my office.

~

When we arrived home, we both went separated ways to our rooms. I changed myself and I started feeling hungry. I went downstairs and noticed my mom coming inside.

Cherry also came downstairs probably for a same reason as me.
''Was everything good at school?''
''I got 20 points from the essay he gave us.'' She said, sounding like she was blaming me.

''Why did you give her 20 points?'' Mom asked me sternly.
''I didn't give her. She deserved that mark because the work was disaster.'' I said stating a fact.
''And you actually know how to write essay?'' Cherry sassed at me.
''I mean, I finished college so I was supposed to know how to write one especially on the topic I gave you.'' I said. She huffed and turned to the fridge.

Mom just chuckled and went upstairs. I ate turkey sandwich that Cherry made for me. Mom taught her how to cook and she is the best. She knows everything, literally.

When she finished, I was alone in the kitchen eating when mom came downstairs. She joined me and she gave me a look that I know she will start asking me things.

''So how do you feel about Cherry? Do you consider her as a sister?'' I huffed at her stupid question.
''Of course I don't consider her as my sister. I never did.'' I said.

''How are you feeling about wedding?''
''I'm fine. That was bound to happen anyway and I knew that ever since.'' I shrugged.
''Do you love Cherry?'' I looked at her confused.

''Of course, I do. What kind of question is that? Even if I was acting evil towards her, it was because I wanted her to hate me. She was raised like my sister, mom. That was yours and dad's mistake from the begining.'' I said.

''I know that, Damien. You don't have to tell me twice.'' She answered. I shook my head and got up from the table. I went to my room and laid down on a bed to take a rest.

Little did he know, Cherry heard everything.