Chapter 2

Cherry's POV

I heard the front door opening and rushed downstairs. Damien probably arrived. I'm so excited and nervous to see him. I really hope he changed his behaviour towards me.

I saw him hugging mom. I ran to him and wrapped my arms around him. He is really tall because he played basketball in high school. I know he was sad when he had to leave because he really liked playing basketball.

I wasn't surprised when he pushed me away. What did I expect anyway? He hates me. He always did and I never knew the reason.

He went to hug dad. I noticed he cut his hair short. But it suits him better like this. He had really thick hair before, but I think this hairstyle is prettier. I noticed mom nudged his arm and gave him a look because of how he acted towards me. But I ignored it.

''Let's have a dinner. I missed you a lot, honey.'' My mom brightened the mood and led us towards dining room.We sat down at already set up table.

''How was your college?'' Mom asked him.
''It was fine. I already told you everything over the phone.'' He spoke. His voice is thick and cold sending shivers down my spine.

''That's not the same. I was worry about you whole the time.''
''I was fine.'' He grumbled.
''You don't need to act like that towards her. She was just worried.'' I snapped. He looked at me with different emotions flickering his eyes. He never looked at me like that.

''It's fine. Do you like the dinner?'' My mom said changing a subject.
''It's good. Thanks.'' He answered.
''Actually, Cherry made it.'' My mom smiled. Of course, he didn't comment anything after that.

I washed the dishes later while mom went with him in his room that was, unfortunately, across from mine. I felt a hand on my shoulder that I recognized as my dad's.

''Don't be sad. He will change once and realize his mistakes.'' He said comforting me. I was actually ready to cry, but dad's words comforted me.
''It's fine. He was always like that. It's nothing surprising.'' I said, lying about being fine.

He gave me a look of pity and smiled sadly. I wiped the sink and dried my hands on kitchen towel. I went to my room and changed in my unicorn pajama.

I decided to see what's Damien doing. Maybe, he wants to talk how was on his college because me and him never spoke over the phone. He finished college for history teacher. Mom told me he was first in his class and I was so proud of him.

I knocked on his door and heard him grunt. I took that as a cue and entered his room. I found him lying down with the phone in his hands.

''Hi!'' I said and sat down at the edge of a bed.
''What are you doing in my room?'' He said pissed off.
''I came to talk to you. We haven't seen each other for four years.'' I smiled.
''And it would be good if we don't see each other for another ten years.'' He shot up. My eyes watered and I felt a pang in my chest.

''What have I done wrong to you?'' I said and stood up. He got up and walked towards me like a predator while I was backing away. My back hit the hard wall as he trapped me with his arms.

''Because you messed up my life by being born.'' He whispered. His breath tickled me on the lips. My heart was racing a thousand miles per hour with the closeness like this. Why do I feel like this? He's my brother.

But his words hurt me so much even the words can't describe. Few tears unintentionally slipped as I looked at the floor.
''I'm sorry for being born, Damien. And I'm sorry for ruining your life by it.'' I said.

''Get out.'' He spoke after few seconds of silence. I nodded and scuried out of the room. I ploped down on my bed and covered with my blanket. How can he hate me for being born? I'm his sister. His only sister.

I feel so sad with knowing my own brother hates me and can't stand being in my presence. With that awful thoughts, I cried myself to sleep.