Chapter 20

Cherry's POV

''It's okay, Damien. We'll get through this.'' I sobbed as I hugged him in our bed. It's been a week since I had miscarriage and I feel like my heart is ripped out.

But Damien was doing much worse than me. He is crying every night and keeps kissing my stomach. I would never guess this will hurt him this much. I lost my first child and the only person I can blame is myself.

''Calm down. Don't do yourself like this.'' I said soothing him. He cried in my chest as I caressed his hair. We took two weeks break from school after principal found out about what happened.

''I miss our baby.'' He choked on his tears. I wiped the tears from my cheeks and kissed his head.
''I miss it too. But it will watch us from heaven.'' I said.

After few minutes, he calmed down and went to wash himself. This hit us hard. Mom and dad are also devastated for our loss. I was only two months, but that baby was our world.

I got up from bed and went to make us something to eat. Damien quietly came in the kitchen and we started eating. I noticed he lost some weight and that worried me.

After eating we went back in the bed and fell asleep. The day was terrible like whole week and I couldn't wait to get some sleep.

Next day, it was the same like past few days. We ate breakfast and took a shower. He was doing some teacher duties while I was doing school work.

June was begging me to forgive her and I did. But I'm not going to be friends with her because I lost all the trust I had in her. I decided to keep in touch but nothing else.

We ate lunch later and I went to take a nap after washing the dishes. Damien didn't want to so he continued doing his job.

When I woke up around six o'clock, house was very quiet which worried me. I got up from bed and went in the bathroom to freshen myself a bit.

When I got out of the room, I couldn't find Damien anywhere. I checked the rooms and came to conclusion that the house was empty. I didn't know where he went so I decided to call him.

I furrowed my eyebrows when he didn't respond. Where could he be so he can't respond to my call? I took a toast and put a ham and a cheese in.

I called him again, but he again didn't respond. I was getting more worried as he wasn't responding to me. I was sitting in a living room waiting for him and scrolling throught social media.

Around ten o'clock, I heard bump on the door which made me jump. There was a sound of keys before the door unlocked and inside came Damien. Drunk.

''Where have you been?'' I said sternly.
''It's not your business. Leave me alone.'' He slurred and headed towards our room.
''Not my business!? I was worried sick about you.'' I yelled as we got inside the room. I was frustrated and angry at him. I don't care how drunk he was.

''Don't yell at me.'' He shouted making me flinch.
''Leave me alone and mind your damn business.'' He said, removing his clothes and slipping in the bed.

I stared at him shocked and disappointed. What happened to him in one day? Is he like this because we lost our baby? I sighed and went to the closet.

I put few necessary things and clothes in the bag and decided to go to my parents. I can't confort him about this tomorrow and what he actually said to me tonight, hurt me very much.

I called a cab and it came in few minutes. He drove me to my parents's house. I knocked few times on the door when my mom opened. She didn't look like she woke up as i sighed in relief.

''Honey, what are you doing here at this hour?'' She asked me worried and led me inside the house.
''Damien came back drunk and said some things that really hurt me. I wanted to come here to rest.'' I admitted.

''Why did he get drunk? I will beat his ass for that.'' She warned making me chuckle.
''I don't know.'' I shrugged.

We sat on the couch in the living room. She looked at me in empathy. She feels sad too, I know that.
''How do you feel, Cherry?'' She asked me. I scooted closer to her and laid on her chest as I always did when I was little.

''I feel empty. I miss my baby.'' I said as tear escaped my eye. She was caressing my hair in a comforting way.
''Don't worry, my dear. Pain will be replaced with love and longing when you know your child is in heaven. Everything will be better after sometime.'' She explained.

I nodded and stayed in her warm embrace.
''You know, I never told you this. Before Damien was born, I had three miscarriages. I understand you completely, darling. And believe me when I say your heart will heal.''

My mom also suffered a lot. She lost three babies. I can't believe my parent's happiness when they had Damien. He was the one who healed their broken hearts.

''Thank you, mom. I love you.'' I said and kissed her cheek.
''I love you too. Let's go to the bed and get some sleep. You look tired.'' She smiled as we got up.

I went to my old room and changed in the pajama I brought with me. I'm glad I came here. I expect Damien to come here with an apology about what he did tonight and maybe then I will go back in our apartment.