Chapter 19

Sorry for late update. School started this week.

Cherry's POV

I felt strongs arms wrapping around me and hands gently landing on my small bump. I leaned on Damien's chest as we stayed under water.

''Are you still upset about what happened?'' He asked me.
''I'm not about that, but I'm upset about June. Maybe she didn't tell anybody, but I'm still going to confort her because she is the only one I told about our baby.'' I said.
''You're right. I love you.''
''I love you too.'' I replied and turned to kiss him.

We finished with showering and went to get dressed for school. I really hope that June wasn't the one who ranted about me being pregnant. I don't know how would I forgive her that after all of these years of friendship.

I put on baggy shirt like always and a pair of white pants. We ate quickly and rushed out because it was already late. We went separate way inside the school, but not until I got a warning about being careful from Damien.

He will be such a good dad to our baby, I already see it. And if it's a girl, that will be a whole new level of protectiveness. She will be daddy's girl for sure. But whichever gender our baby is, we are going to love it no matter what.

I felt a little bit dizzy on first class, but it faded away after few minutes so I continued listening the lesson. I didn't saw June before class so I'm going to find her after this class.

When bell rung, I jumped up from my chair and rushed out. I started going down the stairs where I met her in a middle. She saw me and tried to avoid eye contact with me.

''June, where were you?'' I asked her, but she tried to avoid me.
''I have to go to my next class.'' She mumbled as I caught her arm.
''Were you the one who told about my situation?'' I said. She looked at me in guilt and sadness.
''I'm sorry, Cherry. It just slipped out when I was talking with other friends, but I would never say your name. Please, forgive me!'' She said and took my hand in hers.

I was hurt. Unexplainably, hurt. I never knew my best friend would betray me like this. After everything we went through together, she revealed the biggest secret I had my whole life.

I removed my hand from hers and backed away. Hall already emptied but I heard more students passing by. I started going down the stairs when group of soccer players pushed me accidentally causing me to roll on the stairs.

I heard June yellling as I landed on my back at the end of a stairs. Everything was so fast. I felt the pain all over me and the worse pain was in my stomach. I proped myself up and put one of my hands on my belly.

''Cherry, calm down. Don't panic, please. We called an ambulance.'' June said as she held my back. I looked at her confused before looking at my belly again and noticed blood stains on my pants. What's happening?

I heard someone running when I saw Damien next to me in a swift motion. His eyes widened when he saw me on a floor with blood stained pants. He crounched next to me and wrapped his arms around me.

''Ambulance will come soon, baby. You're going to be okay.'' He said and kissed the top of my head. June and Damien helped me to get up but my stomach was hurting so I clunged on Damien.

Paramedics came soon and they immediately put me up on a bed and led me to a van. I was scared. So scared for my baby, but I was in shock to even speak. I just couldn't speak at all.

When we arrived in the hospital, they took me inside the surgery room and made me asleep. I don't know what happened with me after that but I fell asleep.

•••

When I opened my eyes with difficulty, I saw white ceiling. I felt alright after surgery. I wasn't in pain like before and I felt rested.

I looked over and saw Damien with red puffy eyes. He didn't even notice that I woke up until I moved my hand to show him. He looked over real quick and hugged me tightly.

''Are you okay, baby? Does anything hurts you?''
''No, I'm totally fine.'' I brought my hand to my stomach.
''I need to tell you something.'' He said. I nodded at him as he continued.

''Our baby isn't with us anymore. It's in heaven now.'' He spoke as he started sobbing. I looked at him in confusion until I realized what he was taking

''I want to be alone now.'' I said already tearing up. He nodded and left after giving me a kiss. He looked devasted as he was leaving, but I need time for myself and my baby.