11

Ivy sleeps a lot.

Every time I go to see her, she's asleep. Doctor Shique informed me that the medication she's been given is stronger than anything she's had before.

So I just stand there for a few minutes and watch her sleep, speak to her mother about how her trip has been so far and if there's anything I can help with.

Sitting at the computer, typing away, my phone rings and I see Ewan's name for the hundredth time in the past two days. Huffing, I answer and put him on speaker, throwing my phone on the desk. "Can you please leave me alone?"

"Hi, Aria! Why do you want me to leave you alone?"

Oh, his son.

"Hey, buddy. What's up?"

He giggles and I can hear the dogs barking in the background, our two pugs that Ewan refused to let me keep when we broke up. "I just miss you, can I come to stay at your house when you get home?"

Okay, so... rewind. I'm very close with Jason, being in his life since he was a baby meant that I helped raise him, and I've loved every moment of it, even if his dad drives me nuts.

"Of course, I'm at work just now so I'll let you know when I get back to Scotland."

"My daddy said you're being a superhero over there, I hope the baddies don't get you before you can come home."

I snort at the ten-year-old. "Funny. Tell daddy that Aria is trying to work."

"Okay. We miss you," he says. "Dad keeps messing up the pasta you make but I don't want to tell him that it tastes disgusting."

Laughing, I lean back on my computer chair. "I'll make it for you when I get back, but I really need to go do some work now, buddy."

"Okay." He sounds sad, but it'll pass as soon as he goes back to his YouTube videos. "I do really miss you."

Toby walks into the room, Jason's voice echoing. A smile tugs at the corner of his mouth and he puts a finger to his lips, sitting down next to me.

"Yeah. I miss you, too," I reply, keeping my eyes on Toby, who's watching me intently. "I need to go."

Before I can hang up, I hear Ewan begging him for the phone and my eyes close, putting my hand to my forehead. "My dad wants to talk to you."

Toby tilts his head at me and leans forward, placing a hand on my thigh and squeezes, making me silently whine and cross my legs.

I mouth a stop it at him and he shakes his head. Just as Ewan comes on the phone, his hand moves up to the apex of my thigh, fingering the string of my thong.

"Aria, please talk to me." He lowers his voice to a whisper, the exhaustion evident. "Do you know how much you mess with my head?"

A frown plays on Toby's face and his fingers shove aside my thong, making me unhook my legs and allow him access without thinking.

"Go away, Ewan," I pant accidentally, eager for Toby to move his fingers to the right a touch, so I can ease this fire igniting around me.

I should end the call, but my hands are tightly gripping the armrest of the computer chair as Toby leans forward more, his stubble scraping my cheek as his mouth reaches my ear. "Who's Ewan?" he whisper-hisses, pulling my earlobe between his teeth, making me pool.

"Aria?" Ewan calls out and I manage to end the call just as Toby eases a finger inside of me, my spine tingling as he twists his finger inside, shoving knuckle deep.