19

Monday comes faster than I hoped, and although it's Superhero day and we all get to dress up, it's also my last shift at the hospital. It's also my last time ever working with Toby too, and a part of me is a little gutted by that.

We agreed to keep things going the way it is for now, but when I fly back to Scotland, we will part ways. If I'm ever back in Florida, we can meet up, maybe continue where we left off.

I spent the whole weekend with him though. We practically stayed in bed for days, ordering food, and binging Stranger Things. I've fully accepted we surpassed the threshold for being people who just fuck around because when we fell asleep, I enjoyed lying in his arms. I smiled when I woke up to him kissing my neck and I moaned his name repeatedly every time he rammed himself into me.

I agreed to one date. A parting gift of sorts, a night at a restaurant followed by the movies, probably ending in a bar somewhere. Gabriella and Justin are coming too.

I pull my phone out, rereading his message from this morning. I slept in and haven't had time to reply yet.

Whiplash: Can l just lock you up so you can't leave? Also, are nudes acceptable?

Me: No offence, but dick pics do absolutely nothing for me.

I watch the ticks turn blue instantly as he reads it, and can't help the smile taking over my face or the butterflies that fill my stomach.

Whiplash: I'm offended, Doctor. Do I need to teach you a lesson again?

My thighs clench together, remembering his lesson in the shower last night before he left. Every time I made a sound, he removed his tongue from my core. I'm not sure what his reason for it was, but he wanted to show me how much more intense my orgasm could be when I'm trying to hold in every moan and every whimper.

I practically fell apart in his arms, blinded by euphoria. He carried me to bed and kissed my cheek before leaving.

Me: Maybe.

"What are you smiling at?" Gabriella taps her knuckles on the table between us. "You're blushing."

Quickly, I toss my phone back into my bag and look up at my best friend. "Nothing," I say, averting my gaze out the cafe window, watching all the people rushing by.

"Doctor Shique is Iron Man," Gabs snorts, showing me a picture that all the morning staff took together, crowding around the reception desk wearing their chosen costumes. "Poor kids. He's probably ruined Stark for them, being the miserable bastard that he is."

I roll my eyes at her, smirking. "He's not too bad."

"Did you get your costume?" she asks and I nod, wiping my mouth with a napkin. "Mine is tight as fuck on my tits, so I need to wear a top underneath it so that I can unzip it a little. Keeping it child-friendly, you know?" she grins.

"Well, you did choose Black Widow and her bondage-like shiny suit."

"Coming from the one who isn't even a superhero," she counters, sipping from her frappuccino. "You're a baddie."

"She's Ivy's favourite," I shrug, gathering our plates to take back to the counter and thank the server. I turn back to Gabs, raising my brows. "Ready for our last day?"

"Nope," she replies, grabbing her coat and following me out of the door.

_____

During the meeting at the start of our shift, all of the staff gather in the room, discussing patients and what needs to be done. Dr Shique is about to come off shift, so he stands up and thanks all of the staff for making the three of us feel welcome, pulling Gabriella and me up to the front.