45

Three minutes.

That's how long I've been sitting with my back against the door, staring at the flooring of the expensive bathroom. My face is coated in tears, the painful whimpers silently strangle in my throat as I cover my mouth, so Toby doesn't hear me.

I look down at the screen of my phone, rereading my sent message to Gabriella.

Me: Justin has Kayla in the abandoned factory next to the docks, I'm at the Corsewall Lighthouse Hotel with Toby but we leave in two hours. Please, hurry.

Gabs: Shit! I'm at the police station now, hang tight and lock yourself in the bathroom, we're coming for you. I love you xx

I'm broken, feeling like a traitor for tricking Toby into thinking I was going to have sex with him. I had him blurting out all the answers I needed while I slowly started stripping him. I allowed him to consume me by kissing me hard. We got as far as our tops coming off before I managed to slide my phone free from his trousers, rushing to the bathroom while I informed him that I needed the toilet.

This is it; this is the moment where I get him the support he needs. He may be criminalised for kidnapping and everything else, but at least he will get the proper treatment for whatever mental disorder he has.

There is no chance in hell that Clozapine didn't work on him. I know the way that type of medication works, it controls everything about you, which could be the very reason why he stopped taking it.

I truly believe that Toby has a form of psychosis, maybe he's even a full-on psychopath that tricked me into feeling sorry for him. We will find out soon, but either way, roaming the public is a hazard to himself as well as everyone around him.

"Hey, are you okay?" I hear Toby at the door, his tone a tad apprehensive. He tries to pull down the handle, knocking on the door when he realises it's locked. "Aria?"

"I'm coming," I answer, my words getting stuck in my throat. I can't stop the sob that I inhale, my bottom lip shivering. "Please... give me a minute."

"Why are you crying?"

The back of my head hits the door, my vision blurring with the tears pooling in my eyes. "I'm not."

"Bullshit." His voice is no longer above me; he must've slid his way down on the opposite side of the door. "Talk to me."

"I'm just so fucking tired, Toby."

"With me?" he asks. "Are you tired of me?"

My body shakes, hugging my knees to my chest, checking the time on my phone... six minutes have gone by. I tuck my phone under the mat in the middle of the floor, hiding it from him.

This is most likely my last moment with Toby before he's arrested, and although I'm terrified of one side of him, the other side has me standing, unlocking the door, and opening it to him quickly getting to his feet.

He takes me in with a nervous look, frowning at me in confusion as my lip trembles and tears fall, hugging myself as I walk until I'm in his arms. I settle my cheek against his chest, listening to his racing heart. His hand rests on the back on my head, holding me to his large frame.

"Aria..." Toby tries to look down at me, but I keep my eyes squeezed shut, shaking my head as I wrap my arms around his waist. "Did I make you cry?"

"Yes," I reply, burying my head into his chest more. "I'm not afraid of you, I'm afraid of who you've turned me into." He grunts in response, and I feel his cheek on the top of my head. "It was supposed to be just sex."