35

I cross my arms, chewing the inside of my cheek, my heart accelerating. Toby narrows his eyes, waiting for me to answer his question. "This is ridiculous," I snap.

"When?"

I can't possibly tell him the truth, explain to him that Ewan and I slept together just over two months ago. I don't want him to leave, and finding this out might push him away. "Why do you need to know?"

"I don't understand why you can't just answer, you still screw him, don't you? That's why he came up here." He steps back, shaking his head at me. "Seriously, Aria, can you be any more of a mind fuck?"

"You have the audacity to question me about him when you're the one who turned into a dickhead when I asked you about your exes. I couldn't care less about them, they are in the past, but what makes you think you can tell me what to do with my life when you tell me nothing about yours?" I question him with a raised voice, my heart ready to explode out of my chest at any second with this rush of adrenaline. "Do you sleep with your ex?"

"I have no exes, Aria," he admits, huffing, making me frown. "I told you, I don't do this stuff. Sure, I fucked around, probably too much, but I never felt anything like I do with you. The thought of even touching someone else that isn't you makes me feel sick." He sighs, licking his lips. "I really need you to meet me halfway, or tell me to leave, because I'm close to being done with whatever this is."

"What is it you want me to say, Toby? Do you need reassurance that I like you?" He stays silent, his jaw ticking. My voice breaks ever so slightly, and I'm overcome with fear that he's going to leave me. "I shouldn't feel this excited about a guy I've known for a few weeks, and I definitely shouldn't be thinking about you all the time, wondering what you're doing, when you're going to message or call me, don't you get it? I want to know everything about you, the real you, but every time I try to figure—"

Crashing his lips against mine, Toby abruptly cuts me off, and I melt into the kiss, one that turns deep and heated within seconds. He lifts me at my thighs, and I wrap my legs around his waist as he carries me to the bedroom. He stumbles a little, and I know he's still exhausted from his episode.

My body slides down his front until my feet are met with my plush carpet, and I grasp his jaw with a forceful grip, walking him back until he sits on the edge of my bed, his cock already straining in his shorts. "I want to know every inch of your mind, body, and soul," I say, each word dragging out as I place soft kisses on the corner of his mouth. I tease him by sucking on his bottom lip, nipping it with my teeth, and he hisses as I dig my thumb and fingers into his cheek with a tighter grip, biting down hard and pulling it back until it snaps into place. "I'm in control tonight."

He smirks, licking along the raw lip, leaning back on his hands, the glow from the moon highlighting each ridge of his defined abs. "Be my guest."

While Toby stays sitting on the edge of the bed, I take a step back, my confidence on full boom as I pull my top over my head, dropping it on the floor next to me, exposing my bare chest to him. His eyes are hooded, darkening, his jaw clenching as he watches me pull my shorts down, my underwear on the living room floor still, meaning I'm standing completely naked with Toby's eyes exploring the length of my body. "Can I touch you?" he asks, and I shake my head no, making him exhale deeply, his lips flattening, frustratedly closing his eyes before looking at my ceiling, his shorts fully tented.

I want him, all of him. I want Toby to take over every fibre of my being and the fact that he hasn't felt this way about another woman makes me feel important—wanted by him.

Stepping forward, I bend down, grabbing the waistband of his shorts, he raises his hips so I can pull them down, his impressive erection springing free. "I can touch you though," I tell him, running my middle finger up the underside of his twitching cock, smiling at him as I wrap my fingers around the base, his body stiffening.