chapter two

"guys did you manage to get corbyn's birthday present?" zach whispered.
corbyn was asleep and was the bunk underneath zach as we both crouched down to talk to jonah who was laying in his own. as a matter of fact, he didn't look so ecstatic about the whole present situation probably because it was past 2 am. i stood up to reach into the curtain of my bunk and pulled out a bottle of tequila.
"i have mine," i laughed quietly.
jonah rolled over to the other side to avoid talking to us as zach frowned.
"jonah," he tapped as jonah moved his shoulder in annoyance.
"guys i'm tired, leave me alone."
"can you at least show us you have his birthday present?" i said.
jonah looked up a little to reveal his messy locks and looked over to the corner of his bunk.
"i have like a bottle of vodka yeah, but don't tell him i drank some," he replied sleepily.
"jonah!"
"i'm sorry! it was just there and don't worry i didn't even drink that much!"
i pulled out the bottle of vodka and looked at him with an annoyed face.
"it's almost halfway done," i remarked, putting it back in its place.
"he'll understand. besides, we're his like brothers and we got him pretty shitty gifts anyway."
"its not shitty, it's alcohol."
"no shit zach."
i rolled my eyes as i put the bottle of tequila back in my bunk. eben walked in, swatting his hand in the strong smell of alcohol reeking in the hallways.
"jesus fuck, who got wasted?" he prompted, picking up the champagne bottle in zach's lap.
"for corbyn's birthday remember?"
"didn't you use my card when i asked you to shop for his gift?" eben replied. "and you got a good bottle?!"
i laughed a little as zach shrugged his shoulders innocently when we all knew clearly he wasn't.
"well, you weren't expecting us to get cheap ones right?"
"jack, you can't even legally drink yet, get out."
"that doesn't stop him for drinking," jonah piped in.
"ok you know what, stop ganging up on me on this and go back to sleep," i shot back while climbing above jonah's bunk to mine.
"i'm going to bed i'll see you guys tomorrow."
as zach and eben disappeared to their bunks i debated to drink part of the tequila or not, deciding on not because one, you're not supposed to literally chug tequila down, and two, we had a show tomorrow which i did not want to be hungover for, given the fact it was the show/day before corbyn's birthday, which was already reserved to get drunk.
"stop holding the tequila bottle, i can hear it moving," jonah said from below my bunk.
"what happened to you being all sleepy?" i asked, popping my head out of my bunk to see jonah, who was clearly annoyed and would slap me at any second if another word came out of my mouth.
"i still am, now stop it."
i set the bottle down and came back out the curtain to show jonah my free hands as he shook his head.
"at least i didn't drink it."
"you're not allowed to anyway."
even though it was true, yet i've drank before, because i basically live with jonah and all the guys, where we drink when its offered. especially on tours outside the us since we can drink at 18.
"but we're in australia-" i started.
"and that doesn't stop jon from letting you drink."
"then why can't you? you know i'm responsible."
he gave me a puzzled and worried look which made me scoff in annoyance, popping my head back into the curtain, making him laugh.
"oh shut up," i said as he laughed at his own expression and reaction.
"where's daniel?" he asked as i shifted uncomfortably on my pillow.
"he's in the lounge, writing as usual."
"poems?"
i nodded, even though jonah couldn't see that, but could probably tell he was right.
"you ever think about what he's writing?"
i frowned a little, thinking about it, but then giggled remembering the poem i just read a few minutes ago.
"well, he showed me the one he was currently writing for corbyn's birthday, and i guess he just writes about precious moments and feelings in those moments."
"you read the corbyn one too?"
"yeah, i can't wait till corbyn gets to read it," i laughed.
it was silent for a minute, and i'd assumed jonah had fallen asleep, since it was late and i was already annoying him a lot.
"but do you ever wonder, the feelings, if he ever writes about things we don't know?"
"well, i guess, yeah. personal thoughts, maybe even about someone possibly, but i don't know he's never really showed me any he doesn't want me to see," i shrugged to myself.
"aw, what if daniel writes about someone?" jonah said with a smile in his tone.
"ahaha well that'd be adorable, but sucky if he doesn't tell us who. but at the same time, i don't want to invade his privacy.
"yeah...true, i mean his corbyn poem was really cute, but obviously more than that."
i nodded again stupidly, since jonah couldn't see me.
"anyways, i'm going to bed. don't say a word or i'll kill you."
"i-" i stuttered out, but i kept my mouth shut since i was already tired myself. i yawned as i started to drift off to sleep myself by the rhythm of bus's movement, meaning it had finally started moving again, with the thought of daniel's poems, and with the thought of seeing lav tomorrow.