Chapter 16:

Hai im back

Song Of The Day: Disconnected By: 5 Seconds Of Summer

"I admit I'm a bit of a victim in the worldwide system too
But I've found my sweet escape when I'm alone with you"

<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~

L u k e

When i arrive back at my house i didnt even have the strength to cry. Im tired of crying over Calum. Its just no point anymore. Hes made it clear thats hes over me so why should i even try.

I run upstairs to my room ignoring my mothers calls after me and i slam my door shut.

I lay on my bed and just stare at the ceiling.

I can hear my brothers walk in from where ever they were and i hear my name being mentioned.

"I'll go check on him." I heard Jack say than heard footsteps coming up the stairs.

I quickly ruffled up my hair, took of my shoes and jumped under the covers and pretended i was asleep.

Jack walked into my room and sighed.

I felt my bed being tipped and i knew he was sitting there.

"Luke i know you arent sleep. Number one you never sleep with your lip ring on. Number 2 you deny it but we all know you snore when you sleep. And may i add, loudly too. Number three, I heard you shuffling while i was walking up the stairs so get your ass up and talk to me." Jack said sounding serious and playful at the same time.

I sigh and sit up. "What do you need Jack?'' I say not in the mood to talk to anyone.

"I want to know whats going on. Be honest." He said glaring at me.

"Theres nothing going on." I say lying straight through my teeth.

"Cut the bullshit Luke. Im your brother i know when your lying." Jack spits at me.

"Fine fine ill tell you." I say staring at Jack. But really i was just going to make up a story because if i tell him what really happen he will give me a lecture and then rub it in how he was right and then go tell mum.

"I saw an old friend today that i havent seen in years. I said hi to him but all he did was look at me and run away like i had some type of horrible disease or something like what did i ever do to him!" I say lying straight through my teeth.

"And this is bothering you because..?" Jack said looking at me as if i was stupid.

"Its just that we were really close and we promised to keep a bond once he went to another high school but he just never texted me and ignored me since!" I say lying once again.

Jack nods and was opening his mouth to speak when mum called him down the stairs. He sighs giving me a look as if to say 'we will finish this later' then he walked out.

I sighed in relief glad that he bought it and i plugged in my headphones listening to music.

++++

I woke up later that day at 4:30 in the morning when i heard my phone ringing.

It was an unknown number but i picked up anyway.

"Hello?" I say into the phone tiredly.

"Is this Luke?" The voice said deeply.

"Speaking.?" I say questioningly into the phone.

"Your friend here has a message for you." The voice said and i can hear a smirk in their voice.

"LUKE HELP!" I heard a familiar voice say through the phone and i gasped.

"Michael?!" i say before hanging up and running out of the house with one shoe on and the other one half way on ignoring the stares of the drunk people roaming the streets.

+++++

A s h t o n

I smirked after i hung up the phone and cleared my voice and coughed after having to make my voice deeper for the phone call.

I turned around to Michael and kissed him on the cheek. "Well done."

He smiles softly but looks at me curiously. "Why did i have to do that?''

"Its a surprise." I say smirking.

"You just sit here and watch." I say

************

English Love Affair has been stuck in my head all day.