Chapter Seven

I stared at Beast Boy in disbelief. He just confessed he liked me. I mean, I always thought he might have had a small crush on me, but I assumed he moved on after...her.

He gazed back at me innocently smiling. The longer we continued in silence, his smile started to waiver.

"What do you mean?" I tried to ask in a monotonous voice, but even I heard the hope in it.

"It's no secret I've had a crush on you since we formed the team," he explained. "I thought I could stop, and for a while I did. But after...after Terra, you were always there for me. I realized...that I never stopped liking you. I realized that she was just a distraction from how much I was feeling...for you."

People walking down the street stared at the us. I wouldn't be suprised if tomorrow's gossip would be all about "Romance in the Titan Tower". A couple high schoolers sat on a bench well within earshot, and clearly taking advantage of it.

"Say something, Rae," Beast Boy whispered as he bit his lip anxiously.

"Not here," I replied.

After guiding him through the crowded streets and into the much less populated confines of the ally, I took a deep breath, mentally preparing myself for what might or might not happen next.

"I'll be frank with you, Beast Boy. Anything that happens between us will be public information. You know how the paparazzi loves getting into our secrets. Are you willing to give up your privacy?"

"The way I see it, Rae, even if I dated a 'normal' person, they would know about it. I would be with you over any of the fangirls any day."

I blushed. He watched me, his eyes blazing with honesty. He moved closer to me, forcing me to back up into the ally wall.

"Raven?" He asked.

"Yea?"

He brushed a strand of hair back behind my ear.

"You know I care about you. You know I'm not lying when I say I would be loyal and committed."

He spoke more matter-of-factly than inquiring. I looked up at him, admiring the fact he was finally taller than me. I clicked my tongue, dreading yet loving what I was about to do. On my tip toes, I wrapped my arms around his shoulders. He returned the hug by wrapping his arms wrapped around my waist.