twenty-two

BEAU

"What the hell is this?" My hand shakes with anger as I hold my phone in front of Rey's face. Somehow, my voice is eerily calm. Her wide eyes only blink at me in confusion and maybe even nervousness. "Who the fuck did you tell?" I ask.

My heart is racing as fury courses through my veins. It is my fucking fault: I was the one who let it slip that Emma and I were a publicity thing while I was arguing with Rey. And now she's told someone and Emma won't return my calls.

"Beau, what're you talking about?" Rey holds her hands up in surrender, taking her feet off the desk in her hotel room. Staring at the generic textured wallpaper, I try to pace my breaths.

We were supposed to be getting ready for a post show party, but I had to call Emma before I went out. I just felt so good - the crowd was rowdy as hell and everything felt so alive. It's like I was back to normal, minus the liquor and tantrums. But Emma didn't answer - not the first time, and not after I showered. Or the time after that.

That's when I went online and saw the stories. I knew Emma must've, too. The declined calls confirmed my suspicions.

"Me and Emma - who did you tell?" I growl, slamming my phone onto the desk so she can see it clearer.

Her mouth pops open in surprise as she looks from the phone to me, realization setting into her features. "Beau, I swear I didn't leak anything. I would never go to the press,"

I run a hand over my hair and shake my head. It's hard to believe she would have, I'll admit. "You're the only person I've told, Rey." Rocco couldn't have said anything - he has too much on the line as my manager. She must have said something.

"I didn't! Why would I do that?" Rey stands and puts a hand on my shoulder to stop my pacing. I shrug it off roughly and lean against the wall.

"If you didn't, Rey, then who did?" I glare at her, wondering how I could've been so stupid in the first place. Who else would've said something, if not for her? She might be nosy, but she isn't mean. My head spins a mile a minute.

"I don't know," Rey stares at me, dark brows furrowed. "I can help you find out; just take a minute to think."

Then it hits me. Fucking Scott. He was probably around the corner listening to Rey and I arguing - the whiny little shit.

"Scott," I spit, already storming out of her room to his. I cross the hall in two long strides, barging through his door, Rey on the back of my heels.

"Tell me who you told," I demand, shoving my phone into his hands.

The baby faced man takes a second to read the headline before slowly meeting my eyes and smiling. I clench my jaw tighter, barely keeping it together.

"I didn't say anything, man." Scott shrugs, "But maybe this is what you deserve."

"Fuck you," I spit, too furious to think up something witty. "Who'd you tell?"

"No. One." Scott grins. "I don't even know what the hell you're talking about, though I wish I did."

"Cut it out, Scott." Rey mutters, coming to my side and standing between the two of us. "Beau, if Scott says he didn't do it, then I trust him."