13

There was an attack on the hotel early this morning, toilet paper over every ledge, spray paint coating every wall, front windows cracked and some even shattered, there was a hideous message left on the hotels doors by someone. 'You Can't Help Any One.'
Charlie didn't take it all that well. I don't think anyone is really happy about the message and the mess.

I stood there leaning against the wall of the lobby just watching everyone go about their business without a single concern for my well being, yes i made a few friends but even they didn't check in with me so far today.

i took in a deep breath, shaking my worries and anxieties off for a brief moment, replacing the frown on my face with a smile, mustering up all the energy i had to make it look convincing before walking into the hotels main lobby/living area.

I already knew Husk and Angel was sat on the sofa, I had asked Niffty where everyone was in the lobby when i bumped into her on my way down here. I know that it isn't healthy for me to stay in my room as much as i did as i decided to come out to see everyone before i chose against it again.

Alastor brought me here to lift the patrons moods. That included the workers as well and shit.

The least I could do was be there for them, to listen to them speak and make sure no one was closing themselves off, to help them get back a daily routine and most importantly, I was trying to get them to crack a smile and maybe even have a laugh.

" Hello, hi, greetings!" I greeted everyone cheerfully and smiled brightly as i pushed myself off of the wall and towards the 'mass' of demons.

The two demons on the lounge looked up and greeted me with a small 'Hey' before they went back to sitting staring at the television in silence.

" Where's Charlie? and Al?" I asked, making sure the smile didn't wavered from my face.

I only received a small shrug from Husk but shook it off knowing that this was how it was now a days with him.

" Well, I was thinking we all should have a night together, order take out and watch a movie." I suggested, hopeful that maybe i would get a response from either of them.
Angel gave me a small smile before standing up.

" That's a good idea toots, but I'm really not feelin' it tonight" Angel said as he spoke softly, walking passed me as he gave my shoulder a squeeze on the way past, leaving the room.

" Husk?" I asked making my way over to sit near him on the sofa. " We can order whatever you want, then you can pick a movie, maybe even play a board game...."

Husk dismissed me politely, standing up just as Angel had done moments ago.

" B-But it would be fun!" I said, trying to keep a bright smile on my face no matter how defeated I was feeling.

" Sorry Kid." Husk said with a loud yawn " I ain't up for it." He said before taking a long drink from his booze " I can't deal with your 'overly happy shit' today, it's annoying." He grunted out quietly

" Then when?" I asked trying to get something, anything from him. Today seems to be everyone's shit day today and i can't make them smile, I am here to make them smile so why can't i do that?

" What are you trying to do?" I heard Alastor's voice ask from behind me so i spun around just in time to hear his fed up sigh, he rolled his eyes at the sight of my smile.

" Oh, I'm just trying to spend time with you and Charlie and everyone as well, and do some things we haven't done yet even... I just wanted it to be like normal, everyone just happy and laughing as we sit down together and just talk, just like it used to be before that bad luck struck earlier today" I said to her, my jaw was starting to hurt but i kept at it, my smile was feeling weak.

Alastor was pushed aside and Charlie stepped forward looking pissed off as all fuck .

" Well, guess what, everything isn't how it used to be last night, so give up already you insensitive prick" Charlie said, her voice was harsh, a tone she rarely ever used with one....

" I was just trying to cheer everyone up, trying to cheer you up" I said quietly, not being able to look at her in the eye. From the tone of her voice I can tell she had her eyes set on me in a hard stare and i bet she knew i would crumble if i saw that look directed at myself.

" Well stop. It's not working" She said bluntly
" Klawn, Charlie is right, your not being very considerate. Your making me reconsider bringing you here in the first place since you aren't doing your job like your meant to, i don't even need you in my life right now the stress this hotel is giving me is more than i thought. I think you need to go to your room for awhile." Alastor added before disappearing from the room with Charlie, I finally brang my head up to watch them leave the room.

Was i pushing everyone away? aren't i meant to make everyone feel better? Is it my fault? do they think i did this to the hotel? am i really not doing my job properly? i am failing them aren't i?

So, my way of coping and just all around persona is pushing everyone away, i thought i was helping the. I thought they would be grateful for the distractions yet no one seems to be giving it a chance, no one is giving me a chance.

I'll let everyone simmer for now and see how that goes, maybe they just need quiet for the time being. I don't want to hurt anyone or make them angry by my smile.