16

I walked down the stairs and into the lobby, like every single day of my life lately. I reached the lobby and walked on over to the bar to where Husk was scoffing down a bottle of this wine i had once.

" So how you don' this mornin' kid?" Husk asked in his gruff voice

" I'm still kinda feeling tired, and just confused with personal stuff- oh! and excited! for the new day i awoke to obviously!" I said with a laugh

" A'right, calm the fuck down, still too early for your energetic ass" Husk said.

I nodded rapidly. 

" Take deep breaths, heard that works for Niffty." Husk commented and i nodded once gain and started taking in deep breaths

" It's working!" I said excitedly.

" Cool. Not that i give a fuck or anything, ugh, Charlie has a group bonding shit going on today and i ain't gonna do shit with it."  Husk said.

" Oh? really? it sounds like fun! you should do it!" I said with a eyebrow wiggle

" Fuck off." He said in response.

I laughed loudly and wiggled my shoulders around for a minute or so causing the sleep deprived cat to chuckle in his huskery voice that was actually very soothing to the ears.

We heard Charlie calling everyone over and i nodded my head in her direction causing the cat to groan " C'mon ya big bad pussy cat" And he joined me surprisingly.

Husk followed me and the others to the circle of seats i guess Charlie pulled out for us or something, i sat in between Husk and Vaggie. Charlie did the introduction and started talking about bonding and feelings, i looked over at Vaggie and looked away quickly once i caught her eye making me giggle nervously.

" Klawn? how does it feel to be working at the hotel so far?" Charlie asked, making me roll my eyes inwardly but smile wider outwardly.

I felt everyone staring at me and started to get excited, too excited as i started to giggle quietly and just before my laughs got to high pitched I remembered what Husk had said.

" Well, cupcake, It's been so much fun so far! a few hiccups here and there but its been the most fun I've had in awhile. I've met alot of great demons and alot of not great demons, but, i have to say- a friend of mine works as a bellboy at this motel a few blocks from here, but used to be a lawyer. He kept losing the cases." I said, letting out a small giggle, i got a few chuckles out a few of them yet not all.

I met Alastors eyes and he tilted his head before giving me a half lidded smile before i tore my gaze away from him and onto Charlie.

" Alright everyone, lets get this bonding session started. Who is the one to make everyone laugh?" Charlie asked, she looks like she rehearsing from a script.

Everyone pointed at Angel Dust and me.

" Klawn is always making a goofy face. When he messes up, he just makes everyone laugh!" Niffty said causing me to blush and wave my hand in an 'Oh You' motion.

" Now, Angel, he will say something stupid which will cause everyone to start laughing." Niffty said with a giggle.

Soon everyone in the circle was taking turns telling everyone something about themselves, i managed to just say that i used to work at a carnival and just told some jokes before my turn my was up and it was vaggie's turn.

" So, Alastor, how did you meet Klawn? I barely know anything about you two?" Charlie said with a halfhearted smile.

" Well, I-uh, I-I--..." Alastor stuttered and went red in the face as his eyes bounced around until landing on mine, i looked away and thank god Angel could see the tense air between us.

" So, Klawn baby, can you keep a secret?" Angel asked giving me a wink, which i returned with a loud pitchy giggle.

" Yeah, he can when sober. When he's tipsy though, ah the lil shit loves to talk and i will say this, he's more clumsy than ever." Husk said with a laugh that caused me to laugh along with him

" But I can hold my liquor! " I said flinging my arms up into the air above me 

" Oh toots, we believe you, i do as well since I've seen a snippet of your drinking side. And i can say for sure that i was not disappointed with the results!" Angel said with an adjust to his suit collar and a playful wink in my direction.

I shrugged and smirked.

I looked around the circle until my eyes landed on the red deer, he was looking right back at me in return.

He rose a brow and motioned to Angel then back to myself, i shrugged and shook my head confused causing the red deer to sigh annoyed.

" My highly coloured partner, do you happen to know when you'll be free next?" Alastor asked with a flick of his eyes towards Angel before returning back to mine

" Oh I don't know, I am pretty busy as of lately." I said with a raised brow at him

" Maybe you could free yourself so i might be able to take you out for the evening?" Alastor asked with a smile that i remember from the good ol' days.

" I-I'd have to check my imaginary schedule." I said cursing myself inwardly for the stutter i let out, my face felt red and i had to look away and keep my eyes trailed on Angel to not let myself gaze back at the deer.

Was he asking me out on another date? was it for work purposes? or something more?

Did he want me back?
I'm the one who walked away from him so why am i rethinking all of this?  

" Klawn, darling, you seem to be spending more and more time with Angel Dust as of lately. Is there something that we should know?" Alastor asked making the others stare at us in confusion.

" I don't think so? i mean, Angie and myself have spent time together but i wouldn't say that I've gone out of my way to make plans things with him. We're just friends" I said with another shrug before furrowing my brows at Alastor.

" He's like a one person party!" I cheered out

For the rest of the day everyone just hung out and chatted, getting to know each other better before Alastor brought up the progress on the hotel which caused Charlie to frown and leave early saying that she had last minute work to do.