18 Henry

They held me down... for about two days, but I couldn't say for sure because I lost track of time. I was still sitting in that damn dark room with no windows. It was a rush, as much as I had learned to hate life in the castle in the last weeks, this was worse. From outside I could hear steps coming closer. Perhaps one of the three fools? Did they finally want to let me out of here?

And indeed, seconds later the door was opened and came in... "Oh... my favourite kidnapper, do you have news for me?" I asked challengingly. She was the one who brought me food and other essentials since I was tied up here. Her initial kindness left much to be desired. Well, I didn't give her any reason to, why should I? Who was holding me prisoner?! She just snorted at the announcement and said contemptuously: "You can't fool me, laddie. I know exactly who and what you are. The boss is a child, much too stubborn to let a woman tell him what to do. Anyway... he's planning to sell you on to a friend of his." You could tell by her tone that she didn't like the decision. "Ha,... just a subject", but before I could make this mocking comment, I thought about what it would mean to me. "Sell it on? What, how, why?" And like any other "why" question, there was no clear answer. There was only a hissing, "Yes... resold. Because that's what we do to every street kid." With the words, "As soon as the buyer gets here, you'll be out of my sight. "You... you little devil," she pinched my cheek and disappeared.

Now I became a bit anxious. What kind of person was this acquaintance who wanted to buy me. No, in other words, who could agree with his conscience to buy someone? Like livestock or goods? I had goose bumps all over me. In my mind I already imagined the worst types. "Shit! What had I gotten myself into here.