21.David

After Richard's comment on Jonathan's voice, the magician grinned at him. The brown curly head had become somewhat sympathetic to David over the last few days. It was quite fun not to travel alone, only with the animals. And this expression on John's face after Richard had finished his sentence was hilarious. The blond couldn't help but burst out laughing, so they all stared at him questioningly. "Oh, yeah... "Jonathan's voice is really lovely. ... "But wonderful, charming and... ...feminine? You dare to joke, right?" he snorted and held his stomach in laughter.

Then a lot happened at once: "Jonathan? Jonathan who? HE?!", came from the stranger and John could not be stopped. Outraged he shouted: "What is so funny about that? Of course my voice is unique. ... Mou." He had built himself up in front of the troupe, crossed his arms in front of his chest and put on a pout. Tam and Tom fell into the laughter until the corner of John's mouth curved upwards.

When everyone caught their breath again, David began to explain it to the man. Another exhilarating situation arose. "Eh... Uh... Uh... Really? The, uh... oh YOU told the story, my Lord? ...Well, in between I was a little surprised why they used such harsh words", the newcomer tried to talk his way out. "Harsh! ... What? ... What?" fell into the John's mouth and leaned dangerously close to Richard. Richard, intimidated and sheepish, muttered, "I meant... "rough... male," he looked imploringly at his counterpart, who then burst out laughing. "Oh my God! ... the look on her face... ha ha ha ha... sweet, really... adorable," he pointed out. Whereupon they all laughed again and David couldn't get enough of the sight of the writhing Jonathan.

Only when the group had calmed down did Richard join them and John continued with his story. Everybody was impressed how he was able to tell this obviously invented story so true to life.

After renewed congratulations and compliments David stood up. He wanted to look after the animals and gave the brown-haired man a sign to follow him. This talent had to be fostered and he saw himself as the guardian and protector of this precious gift. He felt inside him that there was much more to John, and so he would introduce him to the secret of magic. No matter if he had known this little man only for a short time and the long tradition of the family Yavril, David was very important. He could not explain why, but his feeling told him that John was the piece of the puzzle in his life that was missing. The thick book he pulled out from under the rear wheel axle and handed to the surprised curly-haired man was his most important treasure, his inheritance.

John received it with big eyes and read the thick, already yellowed and somewhat illegible letters on it. "Tales, legends and myths from all over the world." He raised his head and looked at the magician, asking, "What am I going to do with it?" David took his time to answer. Meanwhile, the brown-haired man started leafing through the pages and seemed to find what he was looking for. "Ah ... I know that story." He turned to a page with a black raven and a white raven on the top. The title was simply "Crows". Jonathan hated crows, having recently had one on his coat. "Hmm... and?" he kept thinking and suddenly the scales fell from his eyes. "You want me to read!? ... Or tell me... at your performances... don't you?" He seemed to have hit the mark with that one, because David started to nod. But his expression was monotonous and bored as usual when he said: "Well... I thought... okay... yes please," he admitted shyly. "Forget it, you're doing a good job yourself... No... as if I'm spending hours now memorizing these fat rinds. ... No, I'm sorry," Jonathan clarified and went back to the fireplace, as Richard had just started playing his guitar. David stopped a little disappointed behind his car. The inheritance in his big hands was heavy and pressed on his chest. Or was it the rejection of the smaller one? He would probably have to come up with something else to persuade John.