PROLOGUE

For as long as Katherine Winchester could remember, she always felt like she was in the shadow of her own brothers.

Dean was a ladies' man that seemed to have a far easier time at being a hunter than she did.

Then there was Sam, who did a far better job in school than she ever did and actually did some good in his life and maintained some normality.

As far as she was concerned, she was seen as nothing more than their weak little sister.

A sister that was about ten minutes younger than Sam, but still a younger sister nonetheless.

Which was why, shortly after Sam left them and their father went to hunt down the monster who'd killed their mother, she and Dean went their separate ways.

They both did their own separate jobs, never talking to each other unless it was necessary.

It was because of this separation from her family that she'd grown to be known as the 'Monster'.

A hunter that showed no remorse and killed any monster she saw.

She even went to the point of killing regular people that tried to protect the monsters she was hunting.

She didn't care who or what she had to kill, if it meant that her job was finished before she left and went to the next town.

That was how things were for her for a couple years while Sam was at Stanford working his way up to being a lawyer.

But that all changed when Dean broke into her apartment and told her that their father, John Winchester, was missing and they needed to go and recruit Sam in helping them find their father.

And so, after physically and verbally fighting with Dean on this, she reluctantly went with him to retrieve their brother.

What will happen when she does come face-to-face with Sam, her older twin brother?

Will she revert to the same person she was prior to his departure, or will she remain the same person she'd been for the past few years?