An Unknown Place

*TROY*

I've drowned myself in work and I partied hard during the nights. If Jake didn't want to join me, I'll go out by myself. I hate going to an empty apartment so I'll party late and get up early. Adrenaline flows through my body every time I go out at night and that rush of excitement flows through the next day. I've been doing this for the last couple of weeks since I came back from New York. I just rather drink and numb my pain.

I'm actually doing very well at Kingston Design Corp. I'm helping Rowen with Mr. Kingston's new design on a building. Rowen is a great guy and I know he's trying to help me out but I found a better way to numb my pain.

I'm sitting across from him in his office. He is busy doing some financial budget and I'm sketching some blueprints for this building on my laptop. I could tell he glares at me from my peripheral view.

"I could smell the alcohol reeking from your skin," I looked at his blue eyes as they reminded me of Espian. I looked away and didn't say anything.

"Troy, look at me," I closed my eyes as I didn't want to look at his beautiful blue eyes.

I slowly moved my gaze towards him. "What?" I said coldly.

"Have you been drinking on the job?" He pushed away his laptop and stood up. He buttoned his navy jacket as he walked around his desk and in front of me.

"Well," he sat on the edge of his desk as he closed my laptop.

"I didn't...nevermind," now I'm pissed because I didn't save my work.

"Relax, you can start over. I'm not going to fire you," he smirked as I got a whiff of his spiced scented cologne. He smelled good as he made me nervous. I slowly looked up and down his body. Damn, he's handsome. Stop Troy, he's basically your damn boss.

"I went out last night," I stared at the pen by where he was sitting.

"Did you get some sleep?" His face slowly appeared in front of me. His lips were plump with a pink tone. His intoxicatingly innocent blue eyes squinted as a smirk appeared on his face.

"No," I said coldly again.

"Troy, you've been coming in looking like a zombie. I mean, you dress to impress but I could see the dark circles around your eyes and you're getting skinny," he scanned me as I adjusted my belt. My pants have been falling off.

I stood quiet. It hurt to talk and it hurt to breathe. My insides were shattered. I wanted to break down and hug Rowen but I held my tears. It was like swallowing shattered glass as my tears scraped the inside of my throat.

"Come on let's go to the café around the corner. I'll buy you lunch," I nodded as I got up.

He walked over and opened the side of his desk. He took out a small glass bottle and handed it to me. "Spray some of this cologne, you reek of alcohol," he smirked as he handed it to me. I slowly sprayed myself and handed it back. He put it on his desk as we left the building.

We walked to the café as the sun grazed my face. I lifted my hand to block it from hitting my delicate eyes. I was like a vampire that accidentally walked into the sun but at least I didn't burst into ashes.

"Do you even get sun anymore?" Rowen chuckled as I lifted the side of my lips.

"Wow, a smile. You should do it more often. It brings out your handsome face," he winked at me as he opened the door to the café.

I walked in as a whiff of coffee invaded my nostrils. My stomach turned as I felt nauseous. I gently touched my stomach. "I think my stomach has other plans," I felt an acidic liquid going up my esophagus.