Boyfriends

*ROWEN*

Troy looked like he just saw a ghost but something was different from him. His eyes had a glow that I couldn't help but admire. The ocean breeze was relaxing as I got closer to him. "It's nice to see you here. I wasn't expecting it but I'm glad you're here," I stood next to him as I absorbed the fresh air that surrounded the night sky. The waves crashed on the sand as Troy admired the ocean just like I was.

"So you were feeling lonely?" He asked as his words made me think of Dominick. I haven't thought of him for some time now but tonight being alone in my condo, sparked a void that I hadn't felt in a long time. I felt a magnet pull me towards the ocean and to my surprise, I find Troy by himself.

"Yeah, I was flicking through some channels at home and a voice told me to come to the beach," I finally got the courage to glance over at Troy.

Our gaze aligned as a faint smile appeared on his mouth. "Yeah, I'm not much of a beach person but I ended up here so here I am," he turned to the ocean as I got closer. I felt his warmth graze my arm.

I suddenly felt his fingers intertwined with mine. My fingers locked with his as an electric rush flowed throughout my body. I glanced over to him as he had the perfect smile on his lips. His gray eyes glowed as his gaze burned into me.

He pulled me behind him as I wrapped my arms around his waist. My hands shook and my heart paced faster. His warmth finally put me at ease. I placed my chin on his shoulder as I got the courage to kiss his neck. His body jolted as he chuckled. "It tickles but it feels nice," his voice was calm as he looked back at me. Our eyes aligned as he pulled me towards him and our lips locked.

His lips were soft and perfect. He kissed me gently as my mind got lost in a trance. I slowly invited my tongue into his mouth as we slowly enjoyed our passionate kiss. My heart was bouncing with joy. I haven't felt this ever since Dominick passed away. I felt the dormant side of me has woken up and it was the best feeling ever. He slowly pulled away as he smiled at me. "That was perfect," he kissed me once more.

"Would you like to come back to my place," I cleared my throat as I stuttered. I hope I don't scare him away.

"I would love to," we kissed once more as the cool breeze went around us. I felt another presence, a peaceful one. We finally left the beach and back to my place.

I opened the door as I let him walk in first. "I'm glad it's warm in here," he rubbed his arms as he stopped at the dining table. Shit, I forgot to put the pictures of Dominick and I back into our album.

Troy stopped and glanced at the pictures. "I hmm sorry. I didn't think I was going to have company tonight," he didn't seem to pay attention. He smiled as he picked one of the pictures up.

"You have a nice smile. I haven't seen it lately," he glanced at me as a curve formed on the corner of his lips.

"I like this picture," I slowly walked over and stood behind him. I saw the photo he picked. It was a picture of Dominick hugging me from behind. I remembered that day. We went camping in the woods close to our cabin. I was snapping a selfie of me when he came from behind and hugged me. It was the perfect photobomb because we both laughed, it was just perfect.

"Dominick was a jokester. He loved scaring me or photobombing me when I was taking a selfie. He was the life of our relationship," I felt my eyes getting watery.

Troy placed the picture down on the table as he turned to me. He pulled me closer to him. "I know I haven't been the easiest to be around but tonight was different. I felt a pull towards you and now I don't want to let go," his words sparked firecrackers inside me, everything inside me was waking up. He wiped my tears from my cheeks as he slowly pecked me.