Unexpected Visit

*TROY*

October flew by and it was a couple of days before Thanksgiving. I was finally able to go back to the office. Mr. Kingston told me if I ever embarrass him in front of anyone, he'll fire me on the spot. I've been on my best behavior. Rowen has been busy and I've hardly seen him ever since I came back to the office. We've been working nonstop on the design I sketched for our client we met in New York. His name was Mr. Coleman and he's a very nice man. He's even sent Troy and me a bottle of wine. He's been very pleased with our work that he's recommending Kingston Design Corps to his colleagues. It made Rowen very happy and more relaxed. He's been moody and on edge this past couple of weeks. I've asked him what's going on and he's told me not to worry about it.

I glanced at the calendar on my laptop and noticed it was almost Thanksgiving. I could feel an ache poke me inside my heart. I was with Espian last year. I remembered he got a fever and he scared the crap out of me. I closed my eyes as I knew I needed to move on with my life. Baby Espian was born and James sends me pictures of him almost every day. He was the cutest baby ever. He opened his eyes and they were the brightest ocean blue with his chubby cheeks. He was my godson and I'll do anything for him.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do for Thanksgiving. I'll call Jake and see what he's up too, he usually always goes with his parents and I haven't seen him in forever. I feel bad that I missed his graduation, hell, I forgot to walk myself this summer. Come to think of it, I need to go get my diploma at school. I'm almost done with work today, maybe I could ask Rowen if I could leave early today. I got up and headed to his office.

I saw Ivy coming towards me but she never made eye contact with me, she simply passed me and never acknowledged my presence. What the fuck?! This girl has issues. A lot of them.

I'm approaching Rowen's office when I'm hearing shouting. "What the fuck do you mean that you don't need my father's help?!"

"That's right, we've got several new accounts and we don't need your help anymore," I heard Rowen say calmly.

I put my ear on the door when I heard footsteps coming towards the door. "This isn't over Rowen, my dad will hear about this," the door swung open as my body fell inside.

"Who the fuck are you? Were you hearing our conversation?" He glared at me as I saw his jaw clench.

"Hmm..," I stuttered as this 6ft handsome man stood above me, his chest heaved as his green eyes pierced into mine when suddenly his tense face started to relax.

"Troy, is everything alright?" I heard Rowen's voice from afar. This guy kept staring at me as a smile curve formed on his lips.

"Troy, Aaron Carlton," he stretched his hand.

"Was just leaving," Rowen approached from behind as Aaron slowly dropped his hand. He smirked at me as he fixed his jacket which I noticed his broad shoulder.

Aaron winked at me as he passed me, leaving his strong masculine aroma lingering throughout our proximity. "Woah, who was that?" I was intimidated but curious about him.

"Someone you don't want as a friend, everything good?" He forced a smile as the light from behind him made his eyes glow. I knew Rowen was handsome but right now he's radiating pure energy that is making him more attractive. I glanced at his lips as they were calling my name. His skin glowed as if he just got a facial. I know he's a couple of years older than me but he doesn't look like it. His skin was delicate with no age mark whatsoever. "Hmm is someone there?" He waved his hand in front of my face as I snapped back into reality.

"Sorry...I...was just, never mind," he smirked as he crossed his arms. His blue eyes now aligned with mine. "I was wondering if I could leave early so I could pick up my diploma?"