Forgiveness

*ROWEN*

"And who is this handsome boy?" my dad reached for Maxwell and surprisingly Maxwell didn't hesitate. "Such a heavy baby," my dad rocked Maxwell as he started to grab my dad's nose. My dad laughed.

"Come in son, how are you, Troy?" We walked in as Maxwell played with my dad's face.

"I'm good sir, a bit tired but good," Troy yawned as we walked inside.

"Hey, you slept more than me. So you shouldn't feel tired," he faintly smiled at me. His eyes were droopy as I noticed dark circles under his eyes.

I leaned in towards Troy as my dad disappeared into the lounge room. "You ok babe?"

"Oh yeah, I've been feeling a little tired since we got back from the cabin but I'll be fine," he finally gave me a bright smile. He leaned in and gave me a kiss. "Don't worry so much, you'll get gray hair, that will be Maxwell's job," we both laughed as we walked to the lounge room where my dad was playing with Maxwell.

He tickled him while Maxwell was laid on the couch. I've never seen my dad so happy. "I'm going to spoil you rotten," he tickled Maxwell as he giggled and laughed.

"Yeah that's what I'm afraid of," I sat on the couch across from my dad and Troy followed.

"Hey, you can't come here and tell me I'm a grandfather and not let me spoil him," he kissed Maxwell on his chubby cheeks.

"So how did this miracle happen?" He picked up Maxwell and held him. Maxwell kept playing with his ear.

I explained to him how Dominick and I went to a surrogate clinic. I told him about Rose and that she disappeared from us. I told him we did a DNA test and that he is in fact, my son. "I'm going to find her but right now I wanted to see how you felt about all this?"

"Son, you know I've been asking you for a grandbaby and Ivy doesn't seem to want kids at the moment so you're my only hope right now. But you know having your own child is a big responsibility, are you ready for this change in your life? Is Troy ready?" He glanced at Troy and then back at me. I know Troy is younger than me but he seems to accept Maxwell in his life. I'll talk to him when we are more settled with Maxwell. I might just tell him to move in with me.

"I'm ready if Rowen wants me in Maxwell's life," Troy grabbed my hand. My heart jolted inside my chest, he makes me happy, and the fact that he said he wants Maxwell in his life just amplified my love for him.

"Well son, I think your more than set to be a father. You're responsible and have a good head on your shoulder just as long as you let me spoil Maxwell," my dad smiled at me as he kissed Maxwell's cheeks. Maxwell giggled as he hugged my dad's face.

"Thanks, dad, of course, you can spoil him."

I glanced around and didn't see my evil stepmother lurking around. I looked at my dad as he glanced down. "If you're looking for your stepmother, she left me," my heart sank but relieved at the same time.

"What! What happened?" Troy squeezed my hand again.

"We had a huge argument after you left on Thanksgiving day. I told her I had enough of her mistreatments against you. She filled her bags and left," I saw a sadness in my dad's eyes but yet he seemed happier.

"So I'm guessing Ivy left with her?" I asked.

"Actually no, Ivy is upstairs. I think she's hurt. Rebecca yelled at her for defending you. She said some harsh things to Ivy," my heart broke. Ivy, defending me? Very weird.

"Babe, would you mind staying with my dad. I'm going to go check on Ivy," Troy kissed my cheek.

"Go do what you have to do. I'll be here with your dad and Maxwell."