New Year's Eve

*TROY*

I sat on the cold grass as my body shivered. It wasn't very cold this morning but colder than California. I didn't know how much weight I had lost until I got to New York. I had to bundle myself more than usual in order for this cold won't hurt my bones. It was like sharp knives going through my skin.

"Ba Ba Ba," Rowen held Maxwell close to him but he kept moving his little arms up and down.

I stared at Espian's grave as it felt different being here. I wasn't sad. I was more calm and relaxed. I smiled at his grave as I knew he was at peace. He will always have a place in my heart but now Rowen has most of it. I love this man. He's so attentive to me that I couldn't have asked for a better angel.

Maxwell became fussy. I think he was hungry or pooped but we just changed him in the car so I think he's hungry. "Aww, is my little man hungry?" I turned as I squeezed his cheeks. "We should go," I got up then Rowen.

I glanced one more time at his grave and smiled. "Until we meet again," a strong gust of wind surrounded us.

We ran to the car. Rowen put Maxwell into his car seat as he drove off, he grabbed my hand. "How are you feeling?"

"I feel better than I have in days. I think coming here help me realize that life is worth living and you're one of the reasons to fight," with my words his eyes lit up. I saw tiny orbs floating in his eyes. He lifted my hand and gently pecked it.

"I love you so so much," I loved with he told me those words. It was a cure for how this poison was inside me. He was the vaccine I needed to keep living and my two little angels, one sitting in the car seat behind me and the other one warm at home.

We said goodbye to James and Virginia. They gave us a gift card to Target and funny thing is that we gave them the exact same gift. We laughed as I said goodbye to baby Espian. I lifted him out of the playpen and kissed his chubby cheeks. He immediately slobbered all over my nose. "I love you too," I put him back down as he giggled at me.

"Don't be a stranger, all three of you are welcomed anytime," James told us as we hugged him.

"Please come visit us often, us old people get lonely sometimes," Virginia's sweet voice came closer as she hugged us as well.

They kissed and said goodbye to Maxwell. Rowen put our luggage in the car as he drove to the rental place and we got an Uber to the airport.

We finally landed and as the trip was more tiring than expected.

I held Maxwell who was asleep in my arms. Rowen opened the door as I made my way into our room. It was night and all I wanted to do was get comfortable. I was beyond tired but relaxed that we went to New York.

I put Maxwell in bed as I laid next to him. Rowen was in the kitchen doing something.

I caressed Maxwell's cherub cheeks. "Hey little buddy, take care of daddy if I don't make it ok. He will need you more than anything in this world," I leaned in and kissed his cheeks. I couldn't help but let my tears come down.

"You're not going anywhere," I heard Rowen stern voice. I could tell he was mad that I said that but I couldn't help it. He put the bottle on the dresser as he huffed and walked out of the room. I closed my eyes and got up.

I grabbed the baby monitor as I walked to the lounge room. Rowen was sitting on the couch staring aimlessly at the wall. I took a deep breath as I walked in front of him. He didn't look at me. I grabbed his chin and turned his gaze at me. "Hey, that was a conversation between Maxwell and me, it just came out, of course, I don't want to die but we have to be real. There is a possibility that I might not make it."