Chpt 10: The Lovers Bound In Seperate Worlds

"Do you love me Sammy?"

(Sammy POV):
My whole world felt like it went upside down. "L-love?.." The reminisces of the several flashbacks I've been having struck through my head. I've only been around her for a couple months or so but I know everything about her. Her favorite song, her insecurities and worst nightmares and so much more. Of course I love her. I can't help it.. my mind once said no but my heart said yes.

I let my gaze wander off, because I couldn't tell her yes, despite how amazing it actually would be. But we're in two different worlds. One bound by inky chains and one free with wonders yet filled with bitterness. "Let's get out of this box, the Projectionist is gone."

(Your POV):
He just.. shrugged me off. HE SHRUGGED ME OFF. Whatever, it's not the best time anyway to discuss about this. We're in the Angel's grasp and we're on the verge of being free.

Sammy lead me out of the hiding spot over to a corpse of one of the Butcher Gang Members. "I'm really glad we left Edgar at the sanctuary." I spoke with watery eyes, for as the ink was quite potent.

Sammy didn't respond to me in words, instead he just nodded. I rested my hand on his shoulder and asked if he was okay. "Yeah.. haha I am.." His voice cracked as he softened his gaze towards me. That didn't last long.

"(Y/n)!!" Sammy yelled as I was shoved to the floor harshly. My sight started to darken, due to the ink off the Projectionist. Sammy lunged at my attacker with the gent pipe only to miss. A smile spread across my face, I couldn't help it... the pleasure. The pleasure of danger; death.

But why did it feel so... wrong at the same time. Like guilt...
I attempted to twist it's neck but with a projector for its head it's hard to find the neck. Sammy bashed the Projectionist with the gent pipe several times until he laid limp on the floor.

"Thank you Sammy.." I looked at him but he still seemed... off. Poor Sammy...
"Let's just retrieve the last two ink hearts and go." Sammy muttered as he grabbed my hand and started leading me down the hall.

(Time skip)
"Welcome back." Alice's hissed with pleasure as we dumped the ink hearts into the bin. "Go to the Haunted Hall Ride. I have a surprise."

The walk to our destination was quite quiet. Sammy kept on looking at me, then the floor. I stopped dead in my tracks and looked at him. "Sammy, stop being so... so..." "So what?" He asked as he stopped in front of me. "So moody..." I muttered under my breath.

"For one you never answered my question, and for two you seem annoyed." Sammy sighed softly, and with his voice cracking he told me, "I'm sorry.. you don't understand... I'm sorry.. so so sorry.." He pulled me into his chest tightly, not letting me go. "I do love you (y/n), I do truly."

My heart skipped a beat. He loves me?..
I hugged him back with my eyes squeezed shut and my heart pumping like crazy. "But I can't be with you." My heart felt like glass smashed with a hammer. "But.. b-but why?"

He slid off his mask and put his forehead against mine. My arms went limp while I just stood there with his arms around me. "We are from two separate worlds, one bound by inky chains and one free with wonders yet bitterness."

I pushed Sammy away with my one hand and turned my back towards him. "You should head back, I'll handle this myself" I muttered while I took the axe and ran toward the entrance of the ride. "Wait! (Y/n)!" Sammy stuck his mask back on and sprinted towards me.

The entrance slammed shut before Sammy could enter with me.

(Sammy POV):
Damnit, damnit, damnit DAMNIT. I kicked the door as hard as I could but it wouldn't budge. (Y/n)... I'll get in. Now or never.