Chpt 12: Inner Demons

Song for the chapter ^^^
LISTEN AT 1.25!!!!!!!

"I am you, and you are I."
The bone chilling words sent a shiver down my spine as I face the ceiling. My arm ached while Sammy injected my arm with morphine.

"Do we really have to do this constantly?" I groaned as he shut the kit closed. "It would be pleasant to feel the pain of a cut as big as that, wouldn't it?" I rolled my eyes and rested my hand on Edgar's head. He purred in response, almost like a cat sitting on your lap.

"That creature looks delicious,"  The deep, almost demonic voice returned with a croak. "I'd be a shame if it were you were to devour it for yourself." I felt sick as the thought of eating a adorable, inky yet kinda ugly creature came to mind. What the hell? Are you kidding? He's my pet, not my dinner. And plus he's... inky.

Edgar wobbled onto the couch with me, resting his head on the other end. Meanwhile, Sammy was heating up bacon soup. "Perhaps if you devoured it you would find out." The voice chuckled mischievously. You are absolutely insane, more than I am.

"But I thought you didn't mind kissing Sammy." My cheeks turned red as I turned over to face the back of the couch. "Hey, what do you think you're doing," Sammy appeared out of nowhere and rolled me back to my original position.

"Hey hey..." His thumb grazed my cheeks as he wiped the tears away. He went to pull his hand away but I clutched it close to my cheek. "Please don't go..." I murmured as I closed my eyes to get rid of the last of my tears.

He remained silent, perhaps flustered, and the only movement he made was to take his mask off. "Why don't you show your face Sammy?" I asked with emotion cracking between words.
"Well..." he said hesitantly. "To put it simply it's the perfect figure, the perfect face."

(Sammy POV)

"Well..." I said hesitantly. "To put it simply it's the perfect figure, the perfect face."

(Y/N) drowned ever so slightly. "That's not the only reason; isn't it?" Time froze as my mind walked through of all the possible reasons. Is it really just because it's his shape, his form? Or is she right, that there's more to it. My mind went quiet until the answer was loud and clear in my head. I'm ashamed of my being.

"You're ashamed of yourself Sammy..." She mumbled as her other hand cupped my cheek. "And you shouldn't be. You don't deserve to treat yourself like that." My lip trembled as my left hand started to slightly shake. "It hasn't been six months... yet we know each other from the back of our hands." The words escaped my lips without a single thought, I couldn't handle it anymore. As much as she needs to be free I can't let her go. "The truth is (y/n), I love you.." My cheeks began to burn as I clasped both of her hands together. "I really do. I really do love you okay; I'm so selfish I don't want you to leave here without me.."My voice cracked as I began to sob.

(Your POV)
He.. loves me. "He loves you, and he's even willing to be with you now. But at a price." The voice echoed through the caves of my mind. I'm willing to burn the whole world to a crisp for him, so if staying here for eternity is the price then so it shall be.

"I-i.. well.. you know I really love you." A soft smile spread across my face. "But I think something's burning.~" I soon began laughing as Sammy extinguished the burning pot. Sammy walked back with his eyebrows furrowed and his fingers pinching the bridge of his nose.

"I'm afraid to admit but, I'm afraid there's gonna be no breakfast today." His grumbling became to a laughter. "I'm really sorry (y/n), but I'll make sure to make up for lunch!" He sighed and glanced toward me. He smiled, leaned into my forehead and kissed it gently.

"I'm gonna find some more cutouts, don't run off, or you'll get a special punishment." He winked at me and grabbed his axe. Edgar hopped off the couch and waddled after him, and soon the room was filled with emptiness once more.

The voice yawned with boredom and my mind was filled with chaos once more. "Aren't you tired of the same routine? Don't you want to.. well, to put it simply overthrown this ink demon guy?" I stayed quiet until I unintentionally muttered, "Of course I'm bored. Plus, what nonsense are you talking about?"

Even though I couldn't see the voice, I would've guessed it would be smiling if I could. "I'm talking about you and I. It's simple really, go to the ink machine, make a sketch of yourself all powerful, and you should know the rest." I remained quiet once again. Should I use this idea to get rid of the ink demon for good, and save Sammy and all of the damned souls trapped down here, or should I use it for my own personal benefit, and of course Sammy, But I could have my own kingdom of mayhem.

"So?" I should use it for the greater good... I sighed, letting a frown take over. "It's a deal. We should get going, now."

Time skip)

(Sammy POV)
I opened the door as Edgar slipped through the crack, I hummed a happy tune and set down my items. "Hey, I'm home!" I glance towards the couch but no one was there. She wasn't there.

Im sorry, I've been so lazy lately. But more people have been adding my stories to their libraries (THANK YOU!! 🥰) WHICH HAS MADE ME MOTIVATED AGAIN!!