Chpt 13: Third Eye Views

^^Meet my husky, Koa^^

The floors of the room were covered in old books, cans of bacon soup and other random things my hands threw down to the ground. My chest heaved with the oxygen filling my lungs, and my blood pumped with the fury and panic in my heart.
"Where Is she!?" I raged as I chucked the coffee mug in my hand across the room. It had to be Alice. She took (y/n)... yeah... she did. I stood there staring at the now broken mug. No... (y/n) can defend herself. She's stronger than she looks.

I grabbed the old broom and dustpan shoved in the old storage closet and started sweeping. Now that I think about it, it couldn't be Alice. Alice hides in her little "bio" lab, unless she goes out to retrieve her dirty needs. I swept the pieces of the mug into the dustpan along with all the other dust and debris. "Gross, I should probably sweep more often." I dumped the waste and sat down on the couch with my notepad and pen. My foot tapped as I wrote down my scraps of ideas.

- Edgar is gone, just like (y/n)
- There was no evidence of struggle
- No notes were left behind
- The Door was locked, just how I left it.

I sighed with frustration, letting all my emotions come out. I glanced down at the floor and saw a Bobby-pin. I leaned down to pick it up but a memory took over my vision.

(Memory)

"Dammit, I locked myself out of my office again Sammy." (Y/n) hugged as she tried to forcefully open her office door. I chuckled as I spun her around and rested my chin on her head. "You finally got your own office, and then you lock yourself out," I paused as she looked at me with furrowed eyebrows. "- for the second time this week."

She broke free from my grasp and rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms. "Your non humorous jokes aren't gonna help me y'know." She attempted to keep a serious look on her face, but she revealed a smirk. "Woah, who's being Sassy now?" I crossed my arms as she spun around and started examining the lock.

"Do you have a Bobby-pin?" I asked as I bent down beside her. She nodded, and pulled one from her basket-braided hair. "Tell you what, I'll teach you how to lock pick so you can get back in incase you don't have your key." She kissed me on the cheek and listened to my lesson. The door clicked open, revealing light coming from her small lamp. "Thank you Sammy, you've done me a great service." She smiled joyfully. "If I've done a great service, can my reward be you coming over for dinner?" She looked up at me as her index finger twirled her hair. "As you wish."

She appeared to be happy, but the vision of her and I became the exact opposite. The whole scene in my eyes began to burn, her eyes became to a crisp as her face started to melt like candle wax.

(Y/n) POV)

I wonder what's going on in Alice's life. I strolled through the hallway, letting my fingers grace the ink splattered walls. "Why does it matter? You're about to conquer this whole abyss of ink, including  her little kingdom." The voice paused for a moment, letting silence fill my mind. "She's just going to fall down before you, just like the ink demon and everyone else."

I stopped for a moment, letting it's words sink in. Edgar walked into the back of my legs and fell backwards. Everyone else? I mean, I know there were few down here alive but you're talking like there's a whole society. The voice laughed, just like how I usually laugh. How I used to laugh. It's quite strange to be honest... after Sammy left me and as soon as I awoke I was a totally different person. I was mental, a maniac, a sociopath. I felt ashamed, thinking about myself like this. But I felt a spark within me, causing the words to flow through me. "But seeing Sammy.. maybe not exactly the same Sammy... but seeing him restored me to the old me. The right me. "You forgot me stupid." Okay, I admit, maybe not entirely. But mostly.

So tell me, if we're really the same person, then how do you know all about this place but I don't? No response. Damnit, you fucking creepy ass voice. I stopped and gazed my eyes onto the ink machine in front of me. "It's been so long since I've- ahem.." The voice shut itself up before it finished. You were saying? A feeling of uncertainty burned within me as I waited for it to reply. "I was saying I've never seen anything like it before" It chuckled, not like usual, but a fake chuckle. "It holds so much power.. they say the pen is mightier than the sword (y/n)."

(Sammy POV)

I traced the tracks of someone's fingers sliding across the wall. There's five fingers... meaning it had to be (y/n). There's no way it could be one of his creatures. It makes me sick thinking that there's some all powerful creature here, doing jack shit except killing. Did I just... think that? I wasn't used to thinking like that about something I worshiped and cherished so much in the past, but I've noticed my perception has changed dramatically recently. Recently since she's here. My heart thumped and my cheeks burned as determination to find (y/n) and kiss her soft lips once again flowed through me.

Im gonna get her out of here... no matter the cost.
Despair molded into my face as I witnessed (y/n) climb into a vessel connected to the ink machine.
"What the hell are you doing (y/n)!?" I slammed my fists onto the glass, but ink started to pump into the machine. I slumped to the floor as I felt my chest began to burn and I started to sob. Damnit I'm having another panic attack, and I'm supposed to save her, I'm so damn pathetic. So pathetic....

"You are pathetic Sammy. You couldn't save your loved one; your supposedly soulmate. You deserve to melt away like all the other drafts."