Chapter 6

The sun shines through the window, lighting up the room

The sun shines through the window, lighting up the room. I sit up, rubbing sleep out of my eyes. I feel a hand on the small of my back. I turn slightly, looking back at the Kook.

"Morning." He whispers with a small smile. I lean down and press a kiss to his lips.

"I have to get home." I say with a frown.

"L-let me drive you." He says sitting up.

I place a hand on his chest stopping him. I shake my head. "It's okay. You relax. I'll be okay."

"At least take my car."

"Cameron..." I place a hand on his cheek. "I'll be okay."

He lets out a sigh. "Okay. You should probably shower though."

"Join me?" I ask.

Rafe is instantly out of bed, following me to his bathroom. He grabs two towels and puts them on the counter. I peel off my clothes before hopping into his large shower. He does the same, following me in.

I cup his cheeks, pulling him against me. I press a lingering kiss to his lips. I then pull away and quickly wash up before getting back out. Rafe stays in the shower.

I pull on my clothes quickly, getting dressed. "Hey, Cameron?"

"Hey, Mi." He teases.

"I'm gonna head out."

He pokes his head out of the shower door. "Kiss me?" I press a kiss to his lips. I giggle against his mouth as he hums into mine.

"Bye, Mila." He smiles before closing the shower door.

"Goodbye, Cameron."

I make my way down the stairs. A bunch of people were already outside, fixing the Tannyhill property.

I make my way to the small corner market and call my brother. I wait outside for him. He shows up about fifteen minutes later.

"Yo, where were you?" He asks rolling the window to the truck down.

"A friend's, I was fine Pope." I climb into the car.

"Why do you look like that?"

"Oh. My. God. Pope, there was a hurricane! Why do you look like that?" I press defensively.

He stays quiet, pulling away from the store. The car ride home is quiet. I walk into the shop as soon as Pope pulls up.

"Hey, Dad!" I call out.

My dad comes out of his small office. He rushes over to me, wrapping me in a hug. "Mi! You had me so worried!"

"I was fine, Dad. I promise. How can I help you?"

"Power wash the dock." He instructs.

"Oh, boy." I head outside, grabbing the power washer from the shed.