[ 001 ] 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐑𝐊 𝐂𝐈𝐓𝐘

☀︎✧☼☁︎☃︎—

IT WAS A CRISP NOVEMBER MORNING——lexie's feet hit the cold pavement as she stepped out of the taxi,

all that was heard was car horns, vehicles, and people talking, it was never quiet.

welcome to new york city.

she sighed, the real world, she was finally back to the real world.

rehab for a year and a half was NOT fun to say the least.

how would you feel if you spend your eighteenth and nineteenth birthday in a drug rehabilitation center?

you see... lexie didn't kill herself (although it was an attempt to) it wasn't her time,

her expiration date wasn't up.

her eyes went red at the thought of that day.

she overdosed... and flora found her.

she put herself in a coma for a month, after she woke up she was sent off to rehab, for a year and a half to be exact.

she absolutely hated it, she made a few friends here and there but she was angry all the time there.

being there gave her time to master using her powers though, she doesn't get tired while using them anymore and she learned a few tricks.

she down the sidewalk, her destination just a block away.

she hadn't been to new york in forever, not since she was a little kid——which was why she was there.

she was born in new york, and so was kate, but when lexie was five they moved to florida.

her mother hated the cold.

so to make things easier for herself, so she didn't have to deal with transference loans, she went back to the state she was born in.

as she walked down the sidewalk, the wind blowing on her skin that was red from the immense cold, her anxiety began picking up.

she was fucked.

thousands of dollars in debt, she spent a month in ICU since she was in a coma, she doesn't have health care either.

not since her mother died.

not to mention her rehabilitation fees, and to top it all of she didn't have one penny.

she stopped in front of a large building, she sighed before wrapping her hand around the cold handle and pulling it open.

she went inside before going up the stairs and knocking on the door of an office she was expected to be at.

a meeting with her financial counselor.

"lexie mandell, correct?" the middle aged man asks, lexie nodded timidly before sitting down in the chair across from his wooden desk.