[ 035 ] 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒

MILES FELT HIS HEART SINK AS HE MADE HIS WAY INSIDE——he had hoped that somehow what iris said had to be a joke.

lexie pregnant? no, that couldn't be.

it didn't feel real, it all felt like a nightmare.

he made his way up the stairs, each step was filled with a different emotion, he couldn't tell if he was angry, confused, or sad.

but what he needed to find out was the truth.

he softly knocked on the door, now he felt like shit for calling her names.

no answer.

he just pushed open the door due to his impaitence, he saw lexie laying on her bed, she looked dead.

you see, he intended on being gentle and easing into the question to not overwhelm her, but hes a dumbass so...

"you're pregnant" he breathlessly said.

nice one.

all miles could pray to himself was that it wasn't true... he didn't want a fucking child.

he already had to take care of noah.

she shot up from her position on the bed, her eyes were wide and she was convinced that her heart stopped beating.

miles could tell by her reaction to that statement that it was true,

fuck.

she bursted into tears, not knowing what else to do, he felt his heart shatter inside of his chest.

he went and sat on the bed beside her without saying anything, there was nothing really to say in a situation like that.

he expected her to throw him at the wall with her powers or something, but instead she did the last thing he would have thought.

she hugged him, tight.

as if he was a life raft and she was drowning in an ocean.

he hugged her back, putting his hand on the back of her head.

pregnant.

at nineteen.

and he was twenty one...

lexie, the lexie he knew was going to have a baby.

she sobbed into his shoulder, everything about the situation was wrong, it was all wrong.

she didn't get to tell him, he had to figure it out another way... they both didn't want any children.

they weren't even married.

she pulled away, her face was beet red, she had cried so much that she could barley keep her eyes open.

she finally spoke up,

"m-miles i-i didn't che-" she began saying but he cut her off by pulling her back into his embrace,